PDA

View Full Version : Santorini (LGSR/JTR)

Slava737
24th May 2013, 10:27
Hello dear colleagues!

I'm going to Santorini apt. soon as a f/o of Boeing 734.

This question is to them who have been there:
Are there any features or special tricks to perform good and SAFE landing?
Of course I know that the RWY's width is 98' (30m). Is there anything else to keep in mind?

Thanks for reading!

M-ONGO
24th May 2013, 12:31
Maybe check with the company i.e. notops? Lots of fun visuals in the islands, but I guess you already know that if you are with TSO?

Slava737
24th May 2013, 13:15
I've already got the information from my company, but I want to know more :)
You know, many airports have their own specific features that are not described in the manuals...

For example if you ever fly to Vnukovo (UUWW) airport you may be very surprised being asked by ATC to hold nearby for unknown period without any explanations... It's just because our mr. president uses this airport very often and his SLOTs are secret and are not published in NOTAMs due to safety reasons... :)

Artic Monkey
24th May 2013, 16:53
No real surprises with Santorini. The scenery is stunning. If approaching to the South Runway it is an offset procedure by at least 10° from memory. There is a mountain on the island (well the island is a big volcano) and it can get very interesting when the wind has any Westerly component in it. Infact I think landings are prohibited when the wind is above about 25kts if I remember rightly.