PDA

View Full Version : AKKI AVIATION SERVICES LTD

MSPAVIATION
23rd May 2013, 21:51
Hi Everyone,

I am interested in getting some information on AKKI AVIATION SERVICES LTD.

What kind of company is it, has it got good repuatation Etc.

Kind Regards

NutLoose
29th May 2013, 12:15
The Director Joe I haven't seen for years, he is or was a stand up guy, several of the people used to be Ex Rogers Aviation from Cranfield including Joe himself whom I used to work with, I don't know who is still there Engineer wise. also if they still do it, they used to cover any aircraft going through the paint shop there ( Mick Allen and Sons Resprays ) who was another ex Rogers guy... as for these days I cannot say..

Don't know if that's of any help.

Captain Spooky
5th Jun 2013, 18:58
Hi

This is my first post on PPRuNe so hope this works!

I've jointly owned several Jodel/Robin aircraft for 25 years. Following a poor experience with another maintenance company about 10 years ago, we decided to give Akki a try as they were a Robin Authorised Service Centre. Fast forward 10 years, and we are still with them and regard Joe and his team as friends as well as being our maintenance engineers. I guess that is as good a recommendation as anyone could give!

Key aspects of their service that we appreciate are (1) Quick turnrounds (2) Very experienced on Robins (3) Good spares stock (4) Reasonable charges. I know of other aircraft owners who use them regularly, so I am very happy to recommend them.

A and C
5th Jun 2013, 19:27
I have had a few dealings with Akki over the years and they have always been helpfull and honest.

As said they are a Robin Authorized service centre and are well versed in maintenance of Robin aircraft what I don't think they can do is major wooden aircraft repair, for that you would have to find another company.

smarthawke
9th Jun 2013, 18:24
As a point of note, to the best of my knowledge Mick Allen has only ever used Akki to do minor work on aircraft that are in for a respray.

He doesn't use Akki to release aircraft to service post respray.