PDA

View Full Version : SEP Renewal or Revaldation?

Rodrek
23rd May 2013, 21:23
Hi guys,

I haven't flown my 12 hours of SEP and my rating's about to expire.
What happens if I let it expire? Is the skill test for the SEP revalidation the same as the SEP renewal? if not what's the difference, in terms of money and caa fees?

Thank you.

Rod.

RTN11
23rd May 2013, 21:33
If you revalidate the rating while it is still in date, it will be a proficiency check. Generally examiners make this last an hour, as any less will have the CAA asking questions on whether everything was covered. Generally it doesn't involve much of a nav section, just general handling based stuff and circuits.

If you let it expire, then it will be a full retest, including the nav section, which could last anything from 1:30 to just over two hours.

Rithalic
23rd May 2013, 21:40
Read Cap 804.

CAP 804: Flight Crew Licensing: Mandatory Requirements, Policy and Guidance | Publications | About the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=5000)

The proficiency check will be the same but for a renewal there will be some refresher training at the discretion of the ATO.

You can revalidate immediately provided it has not expired via just a prof check .

Rodrek
24th May 2013, 13:03
I've been to my FTO and they told me that the proficiency check is gonna be the same for both renewal and revalidation. The nav will be shorted if I do the routines and I show them that I know what I'm doing and where I'm going.
I don't want to fail the test so I think I'll book one or two hours with an instructor anyway. I'd just like to double check with you guys.
Thanks for your time and replies

dareen
26th May 2013, 10:36
Hi

The renewal and reval are identical. It includes a short nav leg.

Practice a few pfls and go for it ,the examiners are not there to fail you and every flight is a learning experience.

Good luck!