PDA

View Full Version : A&P Questions

Phantomas21
23rd May 2013, 04:16
Hello! I have some questions about the a&p.
I am not a US citizen but I plan to visit US for the a&p licence.
1) I have worked for about 2,5 years (30 months) in an easa part 145 repair station in Italy. . Unfortunatelly I do not have any logbook with the tasks I made (because I did not plan to get an a&p) but I can ask from the repair station a letter stating that I have worked there for the 30 months that FAA requires. Will FAA accept this letter or not?
2) The planes I worked on were EU registered single engine piston and a few times multi engine pistons. Is there any problem that I don't have jet experience and N-reg aircrafts?
3) I have already studied a lot from books and I think I am ready to complete the writen and oral exams, but there are 5 years passed since I have not made any work on airplane because I took my bachelor degree in geography and I don't remember anything. What can I do to pass the practical exams? Will any faa a&p prep school help me pass the practical exams, considering that I remember only a few things from my working years?

unstable load
23rd May 2013, 06:10
There are schools that do an A&P preparedness programme and they will enrol you and teach you all you need to know in order to successfully pass the exams.