View Full Version : Manxflyers

Flight International
22nd May 2013, 17:48
New GA Handling at the old Manx Flyers Area
Rendevous Handling / Isle Of Man Flight Training
www.flymanxair.com (http://www.flymanxair.com) :ok:

robbo
22nd May 2013, 19:25
Just to clarify the post titled Manxflyers. Firstly, Manx Flyers no longer exists.

Ravenair, have closed down their light aircraft training and handling operations on the Isle of Man. While handling is only compulsory for aircraft requiring access to the Main Apron, Rendez Vous are available as handlers.

Isle of Man Flight Training has suddenly appeared this week - seems to be a company riding on the back of Rendez Vous.

Two old features:

The first that the website of this 'new' flight training organisation displays the company name ‘Manx Airlines’ on its website. Unfortunately, this could be confused with the original and well-respected company – Manx Airlines itself. Which, looking at the Companies Registry is still an active company!

The other old feature is the name associated with Isle of Man Flight Training – Mr Murgatroyd (of Comed Aviation fame etc etc). Well - surprise, surprise!

asitwas
22nd May 2013, 21:53
It is of course pertinent to point out that for the South side of Ronaldsway airport handling is not required it is non mandatory providing you do not need the support of anyone, so do not easily fall into the clutches of those who may tell you otherwise. It may be during TT handling would be a good idea but for the rest of the year just an excuse to part you from money !

Halfbaked_Boy
23rd May 2013, 03:51
Is Andreas still unable to accept visitors?

I landed there in 2010 but have been told that they're no longer able to accommodate... Does anyone have any more info on this? Great little airfield that offers a challenge, spending longer over the runway in ground effect looking for a place to put down!

asitwas
23rd May 2013, 06:07
I don't think Andreas is able to take visitors as in previous years for TT.

FlyingOfficerKite
24th May 2013, 11:51
Robbo

The first that the website of this 'new' flight training organisation displays the company name ‘Manx Airlines’ on its website. Unfortunately, this could be confused with the original and well-respected company – Manx Airlines itself. Which, looking at the Companies Registry is still an active company!

No it isn't.

A closer look at the current information reveals:

MANX AIRLINES LTD
HANGAR 2 BLACKPOOL INT AIRPORT
BLACKPOOL
BLACKPOOL
LANCASHIRE
ENGLAND
FY4 2QY
Company No. 07478345

Date of Incorporation: 29/12/2010

Surprisingly close to FlyBpl and Robert Murgatroyd!!!

KR

FOK :uhoh:

robbo
24th May 2013, 13:06
Suggest you look at the Isle of Man Company Registry - which is the place where Murgatroyd has decided to operate yet another company!

Companies Registry Public View (http://www.gov.im/ded/pvi/pvi_fr.html?menuid=21707)

Like I said - this is not the REAL Manx Airlines - just another masquerade!

Fortunately Murgatroyd's previous business ventures on the Island are well known to the Manx residents. Particularly to those who lost their jobs when Comed went into administration owing creditors around 1.1 million.

sean777
25th May 2013, 12:00
I'm from the Isle of Man and have been looking to start PPL lessons with Manx Flyers since September.

I then had to wait until April as they closed for the Winter and just a few weeks ago they announced that they were closed for good!

I'm now starting lessons with Ashley Gardner School of Flying and my first lesson is today, but having done extensive research, I've never heard of this new company you speak of.

pstamp
25th May 2013, 14:35
Good choice. I learned to fly with Ashley and am very happy with the service provided. I have an SR22T in Ashley's hangar and would be happy to take you for a flight.

JasonS
25th May 2013, 18:47
I'm now starting lessons with Ashley Gardner School of Flying and my first lesson is today, but having done extensive research, I've never heard of this new company you speak of.

You've made the right decision to do the course with Ashley.

Overthere67
25th May 2013, 21:01
Sean777 – you’ve certainly made the right choice. I also learned to fly with Ashley. He’s an excellent instructor.

Fostex
25th May 2013, 21:21
Ashley is one of the good guys of general aviation. You will never go wrong learning with him.

asitwas
25th May 2013, 21:58
Ashley and his son are two of the real gentlemen of aviation, far removed from the usual get rich quick vipers who seem to hover around !
I have nothing but respect for them both, they provide a standard of training which imo is unbeatable, they teach far more than the syllabus they teach you to be a pilot !
Good choice !