PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Looking for good DA40 School to finish!!

alvocaviat
22nd May 2013, 14:18
Hi everyone,

i just completed my 100 hrs over in america (after passing my ATPL's) with Angel City Flyer in L.A. I flew the DA40's and have to admit they are a great plane compared to the cessnas. So my aim is to finish off my training in the Diamond Aircraft, and to finish off in europe to be nearer to my missus nd kid. So has anybody experienced a good flight school that operate the Diamonds? And i am also looking to do my night rating because i didnt do it after my PPL for some reason. so a Flight school that will do night rating during the night in the summer months???? For example there is a school in Bourmouth that do have Diamonds but they close their airport 21:00, School in coventry are packed out, Tried keilir in iceland but for obvious reasons they cannot do night ratings at this time of the year (June)!!! Any advice would be a huge help, thanks.

Happy Wanderer
22nd May 2013, 15:49
Have you got an FAA PPL or JAR/EASA? I assume you want to complete your hour-building before starting your CPL training. You will need a check-ride before being allowed to continue solo.

Try Westbeach Flight Academy at Halfpenny Green Airport near Wolverhampton (central England if you didn't already know) tel: 01384221696. They have two DA40s.

southernjock
22nd May 2013, 16:44
FTA Shoreham might be a good bet. I have flown with them and can recommend.

See this thread for more info:

http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/401785-me-cpl-ir-flying-time-aviation-shoreham.html

Not sure about the summer night rating bit, you would have to phone and ask.

RTN11
22nd May 2013, 22:39
You've seriously picked the wrong time of year for a night rating. The only place I know that used to be popular was Prestwick, which I still believe is 24 hours. If you book it up and get the weather, you could easily get it done in 2-3 nights, so not too much extra cost in travel/accommodation, but you would have to compromise on the Diamond bit.

The other option is to find the school and the instructor with the Diamond and then fly it somewhere that is 24 hours to do the night bit. Adds more cost, but may be the only way, and could work out if you need some extra hours still.

Why didn't you just do the night bit in America while it was cheap?