PDA

View Full Version : VB Cabin Crew Interview Sat 4th May.

ksd333
29th Apr 2002, 04:59
Finally, I have assesment day for VB this saturday!!!
I have heard it is pretty grueling, dance? sing?
PLEASE give me any info you can, just to take the edge off the nerves.
Also i need a vote on skirt/jacket/scarfe suit (like QF interview) or pants/shirt pants/jacket little more trendy?
I will be forever in your debt if you can help.
THANK YOU xxx:D

FloatJockey
29th Apr 2002, 07:41
Hello KSD! I've been for a VB interview in Brisbane last month and you have my number...

I might not give you the BEST advice since I got rejected, but I can tell you how they run the show...

Mrs. FloatJockey

En Avion
29th Apr 2002, 09:05
Hi KSD!
The assesment centre is pretty cruisy- you fill out some forms, then they sit you down and tell you all about DJ.
Afterwards, you get divided into small groups, where you have to make up the infamous song, with props etc. Then in groups of two you do a little improvisation thing.
I found it really good fun- everyone else who was there was fun and good to talk to. I think what they're looking for is team players; people who have ideas but don't push them too hard, and who can build up rapports with others quickly! I got through to round 2 (I was a bit shocked to make it that far), but fell down after that... so I'll be back for another crack at it in 6 months!:D
In the mean time: best of luck for it- have fun and you'll be sweet!
Cheers
En Avion

ksd333
29th Apr 2002, 21:57
mrs fj, PLEASE email me as i cannot find your details or number.
If someone has float jockeys email can you send it to my address please as I REALLY need to contact her.
thanks.:D

flightbunny
30th Apr 2002, 07:14
hi ksd333 and everybody else!!! i finally have a dj interview on 4may too..soo excited after months and months of trying to get one!!!

so if anyone else has some advice i would be most pleased to hear from u!!!

i hope i can make it past round 1!!!! :D

Kem
3rd May 2002, 02:10
Good luck all those who have a VB interview in Sydney on Saturday! Various body parts crossed for you all.
:D

airborne1
3rd May 2002, 03:19
;) Have virgin interview also on 8th although i have been thru these interviews before.

I know you have to sing and dance! When I went thru you had to create a jingle to sell virgin. Like make up works to create a song to sell virgin.

I was a virgin reject though!! LOL. I do know they are looking for flair and something a little different, stand out from the crowdish type deal.

At my interview absolutely everyone was dressed in beige and white if that helps.

One of the first things they say in the interview is we are not qantas or ansett (RIP) nor to we aspire to be.

As for what to wear KSD - I would go mix of neat and tidy but slightly up to date.

I hope that helps...and all the best with your interview

As for the second interview is one on one with interviewer...typical customer service questions. I have heaps of friends working for them.

The hardest challenge is getting the second interview. One thing I have noted with virgin recruiting as opposed to other airlines is they really look if you fit their mold so to speak. They want to see you can be a little spontaneous and out there...personality plus as well as looks.

Dont look qantas or ansett (classical navy suit I would advise against)

Hope that helps

airborne1
3rd May 2002, 03:33
;) Have virgin interview also on 8th although i have been thru these interviews before.

I know you have to sing and dance! When I went thru you had to create a jingle to sell virgin. Like make up works to create a song to sell virgin.

I was a virgin reject though!! LOL. I do know they are looking for flair and something a little different, stand out from the crowdish type deal.

At my interview absolutely everyone was dressed in beige and white if that helps.

One of the first things they say in the interview is we are not qantas or ansett (RIP) nor to we aspire to be.

As for what to wear KSD - I would go mix of neat and tidy but slightly up to date.

I hope that helps...and all the best with your interview

As for the second interview is one on one with interviewer...typical customer service questions. I have heaps of friends working for them.

The hardest challenge is getting the second interview. One thing I have noted with virgin recruiting as opposed to other airlines is they really look if you fit their mold so to speak. They want to see you can be a little spontaneous and out there...personality plus as well as looks.

Dont look qantas or ansett (classical navy suit I would advise against)

Hope that helps

cabincrewboy
3rd May 2002, 09:56
All i wanted to say is good luck to you ksd333 for your interview tomorrow. I hope that Virgin Cabin Crew Recruitment sees what those other airlines (and us board members) see in you!

Once again good luck and kick ass!

FloatJockey
3rd May 2002, 13:05
Good luck KSD and Flightbunny! Fingers/toes crossed!

Remember (just in case): if they don't want you, they don't deserve you... and if you get in: remember your friends!!!!!!!... :D

Mrs. FJ