View Full Version : All Quiet about 340 grounded by French Officials

PanZa-Lead
21st May 2013, 05:45
Nothing on here about the 340 in Paris that was impounded. Apparently french Officials boarded the aircraft and went top to toe over the plane eventually finding many things to ground the aircraft. It was flown back empty by the crew. Rumour has it that CX owes french tax and this is a warning to CX

nitpicker330
21st May 2013, 06:15
Oops.

Couldn't see that coming!!!

:D

Freehills
21st May 2013, 06:20
More likely linked to Air France sending aircraft to TAECO for heavy checks. French unions not happy.

sinkingship
21st May 2013, 11:22
Fuel seepage

Yeager
21st May 2013, 12:31
this is interesting.. Does anybody have a bit more info on this subject? - I'm curios? is this true? Cathay Pacific Airways impounded in France!! ?
I mean this is a rumors network - so doesn't have to be true - could just be a rumor? :ok::}

Kasompe
21st May 2013, 17:40
First a hydraulic leak which proved to be condensation, followed by a few missing screws, followed by fuel seepage after the pumps were ordered removed, thereby damaging the seals...
Methinks some Froggy inspectors might be getting their asses handed to them over this....:E

cxorcist
21st May 2013, 19:56
I wonder how the Frenchies are going to like CX's big Boeing order at the Paris Air Show. That ought to be interesting. And the saga continues...

Frogman1484
22nd May 2013, 00:42
Boeing traditionally does not go to the Paris airshow. Cx traditionally does not order at shows. :ok:

TowerDog
22nd May 2013, 01:03
Got impunded in Frog-Town once, Evergreen B-747.
Some airline in Africa, ex Frog Colony, thought we owed 'em a million bucks and alerted the mother country upon our arrival in CDG and bingo the gendarmes arrested us:sad:

The company lawyer camer over from the US and got us un-impounded, then the Frogs let us go in a huff and a puff.

Quite entertaining really :rolleyes:

cxorcist
22nd May 2013, 04:08
Froggy,

That's why CX would be making quite a statement if they did. Usually, CX announces aircraft orders with positive earnings announcements.

Also, Boeing nearly always has a display of two at the Paris Air Show. I'm not sure how large the sales presence is there, but to write that they "traditionally do not go" is incorrect.

Sqwak7700
22nd May 2013, 04:17
Not surprised if true with our (CX) maintenance practices... :hmm:

spannersatcx
22nd May 2013, 17:38
Not surprised if true with our (CX) maintenance practices... :hmm:
I think you'll find that the 340 at CDG is done by a 3rd party. :rolleyes:

SeldomFixit
23rd May 2013, 04:55
Well Squawk - that will put the many excellent CX Engineers onside - :=

Sqwak7700
24th May 2013, 16:53
Well Squawk - that will put the many excellent CX Engineers onside -

I think you will find the good engineers are fewer and far between. You will also find the few remaining agree with me.

What happens when profit is all that matters, and everything else takes a back seat? You all come on here and talk about how much is going or gone, how much worse the company is getting.

Do you think MX is immune to this rot?

spannersatcx
24th May 2013, 17:18
quality, service, cost in that order I'm told!