PDA

View Full Version : Underage sex, again, but different

david1300
21st May 2013, 01:53
I can't help thinking this had potential for trouble written all over it. 28 year old stepmum to a 16 year old stepson.

'Ghost' camera films underage sex with stepson
ninemsn staff
5:44am May 21, 2013

A Tasmanian woman has pleaded guilty to underage sex with her stepson after she was caught out on a camera set up to capture paranormal activity.

The 28-year-old woman, from the state's east coast, appeared in the Supreme Court in Hobart yesterday facing five counts of sex with an underage boy between October and November 2012.

Last October the woman had gone to her 16-year-old stepson's room to discuss his driving lessons, the Hobart Mercury reports.
The pair previously had a strained relationship, the court heard, but their discussion led to tickling and then to sexual intercourse.
The next day the woman's partner set up a video camera in their kitchen to try and capture paranormal activity.
But when he returned home from work and reviewed the footage he discovered he had recorded her cuddling and kissing his teenage son.
He called police and the woman admitted to having sex twice with the boy, whom she had known since he was in primary school.
After being questioned by police, the court heard the boy moved to the state's west coast and the woman travelled to see him, where they had sex again during a six-day stay in a hotel.
Her defence lawyer told the court she was under the mistaken impression that the age of consent was 16 and was ashamed at her conduct.
The woman had since split up with her partner, with whom she had a young child.
She has been remanded in custody for sentencing next week.

'Ghost' camera films underage sex with stepson (http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/2013/05/21/05/44/ghost-camera-catches-woman-with-stepson)

Hydromet
21st May 2013, 02:35
Why would this be news in Tasmania?

500N
21st May 2013, 02:42
Hydro

My thoughts exactly. Maybe because it's "Step"
where as normally it's "family" :O

probes
21st May 2013, 03:52
she was caught out on a camera set up to capture paranormal activity
it did work, actually, then (the camera)? :E

Solid Rust Twotter
21st May 2013, 05:18
No banjos?

Hobo
21st May 2013, 06:04
It is remarkable that different states should have different ages of consent (http://www.aifs.gov.au/cfca/pubs/factsheets/a142090/).

Fareastdriver
21st May 2013, 08:17
It's a useful thing to find out before you go to any country. Even in Europe there are different ages. In China it is eighteen. Below that age it is statuary child rape and carries the death penalty.

green granite
21st May 2013, 08:55
So what happens if 2 16 year olds get married in say Western Australia and go to Tasmania or South Australia for a holiday?

VP959
21st May 2013, 08:57
It's a useful thing to find out before you go to any country. Even in Europe there are different ages.

Yep. Varies from 13 to 18 across Europe. More than one young traveller has been caught out by presuming that the age of consent is consistent with that in his home country.

Worrals in the wilds
21st May 2013, 10:06
Good point Fareastdriver. I must say I was surprised; I thought it was 16 across the board in Australia. I'm guessing that if it wasn't for Ghostcam it wouldn't have become a legal issue...:hmm:

Captivep
21st May 2013, 10:07
It doesn't really matter if you do find out!

In the UK (and I think, some other jurisdictions) there are some offences (underage sex being one) for which you can be prosecuted in the UK even if it was legal in the country where you were doing it.

So, for example, if you had sex with a fifteen year old in a country where the age of consent was thirteen, you could, and almost certainly would, be prosecuted when you got back to the UK.

I feel as though I should explain how I know this! I just find it a very interesting area of law that a state can choose to seek to restrain its national's activities in other countries in such a way. I understand the rationale is to try and stop "sex tourism".

Worrals in the wilds
21st May 2013, 10:18
We have the same law in Australia, though there have been few prosecutions. The aim was to curb the activities of Australian child molestors who dodged local laws by regularly travelling to countries like Cambodia where the definition of consent is somewhat grey, particularly wrt vulnerable pre-pubescents who are sold like sacks of potatoes to dodgy Australians who wouldn't dare try the same act on at home, for fear of the law, relatives or mobs with machetes/shotties. :mad:

Where it gets grey is when a fifteen-seventeen year old gives consent that is not accepted as informed consent by the law. Nothing in this story suggests that the sixteen year old fought off the approach, and this also happens with girls, whether society likes it or not. How to make the law prevent exploitation while allowing consensual activity remains a problem. And yes, I'd say the same thing if the genders were reversed. :confused:

VP959
21st May 2013, 11:21
Where it gets grey is when a fifteen-seventeen year old gives consent that is not accepted as informed consent by the law. Nothing in this story suggests that the sixteen year old fought off the approach, and this also happens with girls, whether society likes it or not. How to make the law prevent exploitation while allowing consensual activity remains a problem. And yes, I'd say the same thing if the genders were reversed.

In the UK the age of informed consent is 13, even though the age of consent itself is 16. This does make a difference to the way this particular issue is handled, in that a 15 year old would be deemed to have been able to give informed consent, meaning that it'd be unlikely for, say, a close in age partner to be prosecuted (assuming the act was consensual).

In this case no laws would have been broken here, a 28 year old woman can freely have consensual sex with a 16 year old boy.

Fliegenmong
21st May 2013, 11:26
Wow!!....Suddenly glad to be 40 plus and in a long term marriage!!!

That's all too hard FFS!! And why so young in the UK :eek:

Just kiddin'! Love my marriage!!...but what a minfield that all seems!!

Solid Rust Twotter
21st May 2013, 11:55
Dang! This old thing again. I have enough trouble dealing with the foibles of women my own age, never mind some semi lucid, sour and uninteresting 16 year old space cadet running on sugar, teenage angst and hormones. How anyone has the patience to put up with their crap without burying them under the patio is beyond me. Sod that for a game of soldiers...

OFSO
21st May 2013, 11:59
Seem to remember that Jerry Lee got into trouble with the media but not the law, when he turned up in the UK with his lovely bride Myra in 1958.

Quote from musician Ronnie Hawkins at the time "we didn't know what the fuss was about Jerry marrying a 13-year-old. Heck, all of us Southern boys knew she was only twelve."

In his own words "I'm a drunken oaf who thinks he's the best". And he was right: he was the best.

See below. I rest my case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yRdDnrB5kM

onetrack
21st May 2013, 12:23
I bet that 16 yr old in Tasmania is still carrying a grin he can't wipe off his face, even if he chewed on a bag of lemons. :E

Seems like there was some serious problems with the marriage for the blokes missus to stray. There's an old saying about, "women are like fires - if you don't stoke them, they go out". :)

airship
21st May 2013, 18:09
Can anyone here inform us exactly where on Earth "a 16 year old boy today can legally have open and healthy sexual relations" (have a **** more or less) with a willing female partner...?! Without being accused of being a paedophile, or subjecting himself to prosecution from similarly-worded offences, or just opening up to prosecution, his female sexual partner of whatever 18+ age and for whatever offences (reverse what I said for a 16 year old girl etc. etc.)... :ugh:

The people who draw up the laws need a really good shafting in their anuses (male or female), IMHO... :ok: :uhoh:

Milo Minderbinder
21st May 2013, 18:20
" In this case no laws would have been broken here, a 28 year old woman can freely have consensual sex with a 16 year old boy"

In this case you're wrong, the UK law would be broken because she is effectively in loco parentis and the age of consent therefore increases to 18 (as in the case of schoolteachers / pupils).
If there were no family ties, or position of control or influence, then yes it would be legal

funfly
21st May 2013, 20:58
I was serving on a jury some years ago and our case was a lad (about 19) who had sex with a 15 year old girl. He had been reported by the girl's parents, was charged and thence stood before us.
We all knew that the girl was 15 and the lad most likely knew it, however she was a well built lass, claimed that she had agreed and it seemed obvious that this was not an isolated event. Common sense prevailed and we, the jury, unanimously gave a 'not guilty' decision.

Worrals in the wilds
21st May 2013, 23:35
I remember a similar case here. A friend of mine's 21 year old brother was in a de facto relationship with a fifteen year old girl. She came from the most horrendous family and pretty much ran away from them to him.

Apart from being feral he was a decent bloke, who provided a heck of a lot more protection and guidance than her family ever did. In due course the local coppers found out about it and paid her a visit. They had a chat, established that she wasn't living in fear or coerced by him and came to the same conclusion that almost everyone else who knew her had reached; that she was better off where she was.
AFAIK over a decade later they're still together.

500N
21st May 2013, 23:43
In Tasmania, when they accuse someone of having sex with
a 14 year old, the standard response is "what's wrong with that,
she's my sister".

Hobo
22nd May 2013, 04:48
In this case you're wrong, the UK law would be broken because she is effectively in loco parentis and the age of consent therefore increases to 18 (as in the case of schoolteachers / pupils).

I'm missing something here...why is the fact that the lady worked for the railways relevant to the age of consent?

Gertrude the Wombat
22nd May 2013, 09:31
I was serving on a jury some years ago and our case was a lad (about 19) who had sex with a 15 year old girl. He had been reported by the girl's parents, was charged and thence stood before us.
We all knew that the girl was 15 and the lad most likely knew it, however she was a well built lass, claimed that she had agreed and it seemed obvious that this was not an isolated event. Common sense prevailed and we, the jury, unanimously gave a 'not guilty' decision.
There are plenty of parents, of both the boy and the girl, who are somewhat relieved when the girl reaches her 16th birthday.

cockney steve
22nd May 2013, 13:46
@ HoboI'm missing something here...why is the fact that the lady worked for the railways relevant to the age of consent?

It's bacause she is supposed to "train "him to keep on the "straight and narrow" and not "go off the rails"

That's about the Ins and outs of it, so to speak :}

Victor Inox
22nd May 2013, 16:00
Of course, having sex with a young girl might also propel you to "positive" fame. Muhammed, the Prophet, married his third wife, Aisha bint Abi Bakr, when she was five or six years old, and consummated the marriage when she was nine. And just look how many fanatics - even nowadays - are prepared to commit suicide in the name of the Prophet. :D

GGR
22nd May 2013, 16:27
Ghost movies are supposed to put the willies up arent they?

airship
22nd May 2013, 17:25
And horror movies are supposed to just give you the willies... :confused: ;)

crippen
22nd May 2013, 19:29
as long as they don't put an age limit at the other end of life.:{

Milo Minderbinder
23rd May 2013, 14:17
So its true that Mohammed's wife was a bint?

axefurabz
23rd May 2013, 17:50
Amazing how many PPRuNers seem to have detailed knowledge of the law in this area. They're obviously not lawyers since they're imparting their knowledge gratis so what on earth can the reason be? Oh yes, here it is: I just find it a very interesting area of lawYeah, right!! :suspect::ok:

airship
24th May 2013, 19:08
Aged 52, one still regularly thinks about sex (believe it or not), during the day mostly, but sometimes and most alarmingly (and quite vividly) in one's dreams (or nightmares - I once dreamt that my mum squeezed my balls, which was painful, but I can't confirm that it was when I was a young boy and she was bathing me and she really mean't to squeeze the sponge instead...) :confused:

When I was 20 years old, it would have been perfectly legal to seduce a 16 year old. I did do that (to the English maidens - but never virgins...) back then. In the hotel in which I was employed back in the late '70s, one of the "live-in" waiters even had his 14 year old girl-friend staying overnight on the premises. Noone ever thought that this might have been "child abuse" back then though.

I have few remaining dreams (or impulses) in which I envisage myself being able to somehow seduce any 18-25 year olds (of legal age today obviously). I'm not an "Alain Delon" or other Hollywood actor / producer etc. at whose feet such marvellous "bounty" fall on a more or less daily basis. I know personally of a few friends and acquaintances who've made a speciality of seducing young women. One was almost 70 years old before he was killed by Pakistani terrorists in Mumbai back in 2008. But he was a very rich individual. All the others I know of were not rich, a bit younger and exceptionally good-looking (with a personality to match) in some cases. airship is neither handsome, rich nor possessed with a great personality (but pudicats like him...).

Perhaps that goes some ways to answering axefurabz who wrote: Amazing how many PPRuNers seem to have detailed knowledge of the law in this area. They're obviously not lawyers since they're imparting their knowledge gratis so what on earth can the reason be? Oh yes, here it is:
Quote:
I just find it a very interesting area of law

Yeah, right!!

Milo Minderbinder
25th May 2013, 01:59
"Aged 52, one still regularly thinks about sex (believe it or not), during the day mostly"

The only ones who think about it are those who can't do it. Those who can, don't need to.
As for "52".....I'm older than that and I'm not back-seated to just "thinking about it"

PS a box of Kleenex and a link to xHamster helps practice for those who have lapsed to "thinking-only" mode

lomapaseo
25th May 2013, 03:44
Florida teen rejects plea deal in underage same-sex case - TODAY.com (http://www.today.com/news/florida-teen-rejects-plea-deal-underage-same-sex-case-6C10064996)

Kaitlyn Hunt, the 18-year-old Florida cheerleader facing felony charges for a sexual relationship she had with a younger girl, has refused to take a plea deal in the case, her lawyers said Friday.
Hunt now must go to court to face two charges of lewd and lascivious battery on a minor. If convicted, shefaces up to 15 years in prison and would haveto register as a sex offender.
Under the deal offered by a Florida state attorney, Hunt would have to submit to house arrest for two years. She also would be labeled as a convicted felon and be required to attend sex offender counseling.

"This is a situation of two teenagers who happen to be of the same sex involved in a relationship," according to a statement released by Hunt's attorneys, Julia Graves and Joseph Graves. "If this case involved a boy and girl, there would be no media attention to this case."
The statement went on to say that if Hunt's relationship had occurred "108 days earlier when she was 17, we wouldn’t even be here."
But the attorney representing the minor, who is now 15, said the case is strictly about the law.
"This is a violation of the law that's based upon an adult having sexual relations with a minor," Charles Sullivan told TODAY earlier this week. "Gender, sexual orientation of the parties has absolutely nothing to do with the prosecution."

airship
25th May 2013, 15:52
Thank you Milo for reminding everyone here just how obnoxious and ignorant you can be. I believe that most of us already assumed that you believed you had a "big dick"... :rolleyes:

KAG
25th May 2013, 16:13
Fareastdriver: In China it is eighteen. Below that age it is statuary child rape and carries the death penalty. Unless the person is a KTV or "sauna" employee (yes I mean hooker) in this case no real age limitation as far as the girl look old enough, and yes even the police goes to the "sauna". Millions of under aged hookers in China.

China has many rules but uses them only if they feel like it. If they want to put you in jail they will find a way anyway.

david1300
27th May 2013, 13:01
27 May 2013 David Beniuk

A WOMAN whose illicit sexual relationship was revealed by a video camera set up to detect ghosts will spend time in jail.

The woman had sex several times with the 16-year-old son of her partner, who installed the camera in his kitchen to capture paranormal activity and then forgot to turn it off.

Prosecutors had told an earlier hearing of the Tasmanian Supreme Court the man came home from work to find footage of his 28-year-old partner of 11 years kissing and cuddling his son.

The woman pleaded guilty to seven counts of having sexual intercourse with a young person, as the age of consent in Tasmania is 17.

She was sentenced to 12 months' jail, six of them suspended on condition of good behaviour.

The relationship began with a discussion about driving lessons, which became mutual tickling and consensual sex, Justice David Porter said.

The pair had sex in the bedrooms and lounge room of their home in October last year before police were alerted and the boy was moved to live with his grandparents.

Justice Porter said the woman then travelled to have sex with him in a hotel in November.

"You did that knowing full well it was unlawful," the judge said.

The court heard the woman, who can't be named, had set up a Facebook account under a false name to stay in contact with the boy, at times with "salacious" content.

The account was deleted earlier this month as she attempted to reconcile with her former partner, with whom she has an 18-month-old child.

Justice Porter said she had known the boy since he was nine and was effectively his stepmother, although he had begun living with her only in 2012.

The judge said the woman had accepted responsibility for her actions and felt shame and embarrassment.

But he said the boy's victim impact statement had revealed he was experiencing a range of problems, including difficulty going to school.

"You have caused much disruption to this young man's life," Justice Porter said.

The visibly shaken woman cried as she was led from the dock.

Justice Porter said she was unlikely to re-offend and she was not placed on the list of sex offenders.

500N
27th May 2013, 15:36
"and she was not placed on the list of sex offenders."

Now that is surprising.

I thought that was automatic.

Milo Minderbinder
27th May 2013, 17:49
Airship

I was merely trying to point out to you that while it'll never wear out, if you're resigned to just thinking about it, it will as sure as hell rust up.

toffeez
28th May 2013, 14:12
"the woman, who can't be named"

I don't suppose the offenders register includes these.

500N
28th May 2013, 14:27
Well I thought they did.

Worrals in the wilds
28th May 2013, 21:24
Naming her would identify the minor. The same thing often happens when the genders are reversed.

Without looking it up, IIRC to be put on the sexual offenders' register a judge needs to believe that a person poses a risk of re-offending and is a danger to the community. That may vary from state to state.

G-CPTN
28th May 2013, 21:27
Presumably there was no prospect of re-offending as the 'victim' was by then over the age of legal consent and there would therefore be no offence committed.

cockney steve
28th May 2013, 23:19
EEH, When I were a lad, we just DREAMED of being seduced.....errm, getting a" biology practical " one-to one with a delightful older woman/teacher......but it was all fantasy and hearsay.
The odd case reported in the Tabloids could not easily be verified and expanded-upon in the pre-computer, pre-cellphone and clunky 4d in the slot, press button A Post-Office phone kiosks.......and you tell kids today , that , .........

airship
29th May 2013, 14:35
Milo wrote: I was merely trying to point out to you that while it'll never wear out, if you're resigned to just thinking about it, it will as sure as hell rust up.

So what reason for your embarrasing and infantile 'biggus dickus" replies to this thread...?! :sad:

Milo Minderbinder
29th May 2013, 15:13
I haven't mentioned biggus dickus anywhere. Just what are you getting at? I think you're getting confused by all those Pleistocene animals. Got a Dire-Wolf up your rear end or something?

airship
29th May 2013, 15:22
I remind Milo of his earlier post in this thread: The only ones who think about it are those who can't do it. Those who can, don't need to.
As for "52".....I'm older than that and I'm not back-seated to just "thinking about it"

PS a box of Kleenex and a link to xHamster helps practice for those who have lapsed to "thinking-only" mode

Hence the infantile 'biggus dickus" reference.

Reinforced by your last post: Got a Dire-Wolf up your rear end or something?

You do like referring to other posters' anuses don't you...?! :(

Milo Minderbinder
29th May 2013, 15:45
Oh that post airship, in reply to yours in which you stated your sex life now seemed to be relegated to just thinking rather than doing (and pretty oddball thoughts at that)
I was just subtly pointing out that if you're in that state at the young age of 52, then either you're a pretty sad individual, or else you've not been partaking of the required regular exercise. Of course if you want to make an issue of your only being able to "think about it" then thats your decision. The rest of us will just have to sympathise with you.
As for a Dire Wolf up your rear end - no sexual innuendo whatsover. It was a reference to whatever makes you try to assert your prim attitude toward everyone else. But maybe it wasn't a Dire-Wolf. Cave Bear maybe. If you came from the USA I'd assume a Ground Sloth was chasing you - and winning

airship
29th May 2013, 15:55
You're so "full of yourself" it would probably require several and repeated enemas in a hospital to resolve. Hopefully you have adequate health insurance. :ok:

Whatever, in future, please don't expect me take you seriously or give you any more time of day here in JB.

PS. I should have realised by your replies in numerous threads concerning cats here in JB previously, that you were at minimum, severely deranged and possibly worse. My mistake...

Don't bother responding, I shall no longer respond to any of your mostly deranged postings in future. :ok:

Milo Minderbinder
29th May 2013, 16:03
Yep, looks like the Ground Sloth caught up with you and chewed you a new something.
And don't worry about taking me seriously or not -no one ever took you seriously anyway. Actually I suspect no-one ever took you at all, but thats a different matter......