PDA

View Full Version : Ppruners, Buy A 787

Caboclo
21st May 2013, 00:13
Boeing is running ads for the 787 on my pprune. I'm curious who their target audience is. Do they think that airline CEOs tend to hang out in Jetblast? Are they trying to get us to take a trip anywhere just to fly that specific plane? That crowd is over in Airliners.net, not here. Who is running the PR show over at Boeing?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
21st May 2013, 00:21
maybe it's a model 787?
'Batteries not included' would presumably be a selling point rather than a drawback :E

Caboclo
21st May 2013, 00:23
Perhaps we're all supposed to petition our local airline to buy one.

probes
21st May 2013, 03:54
so, where's the guy now who wnated to set up a company? The one with the swimming-pool in his Airbus? :E

toffeez
21st May 2013, 05:23
Model or real, it's still plastic.

IB4138
21st May 2013, 07:03
Perhaps they will also suggest that an airport, with terminal buildings looking like signal boxes, is built at Braintree and Bocking for the 787 to use.

G&T ice n slice
21st May 2013, 09:23
Revell or Airfix?

dead_pan
21st May 2013, 11:34
Flog? Changed its name when the Chinese bought the brand.

Sunnyjohn
21st May 2013, 13:10
There's a lot of us on Pprune. I reckon if we all clubbed together we could buy one. Bags I have the first flight . . .

cargosales
21st May 2013, 21:41
Boeing is running ads for the 787 on my pprune. I'm curious who their target audience is. Do they think that airline CEOs tend to hang out in Jetblast? Are they trying to get us to take a trip anywhere just to fly that specific plane? That crowd is over in Airliners.net, not here. Who is running the PR show over at Boeing?

Actually I know one that most certainly does. Or at least did when he recommended that I sign up for PPRuNe .. I'd be very surprised indeed if he was the only one....

Of course smart CEOs may, like myself, be running Firefox with Adblock and be utterly oblivious to pesky ads. What's a 787 and who's trying to flog it? Is it a specific version of a long established woodworking implement. How do you 'fly it' exactly? And this Boeing you refer to .. Who are they?

Remember, this is Jetblast where aviation content is deeply frowned upon! := :p

Mostly Harmless
23rd May 2013, 17:10
Fox3WheresMyBanana maybe it's a model 787?
'Batteries not included' would presumably be a selling point rather than a drawback

Bravo Sir. Bravo

TAryFIuRxmQ