PDA

View Full Version : Best ATPL review book

Breakthesilence
20th May 2013, 10:34
Good morning everyone,

I'm looking for the best book to review the ATPL subjects.

I already got "Pilots Reference" and "ACE Technical Pilot Interview" few years ago, so basically I'm interested in knowing if anything new has come up in recent times, and, in your opinion, which one is the best for those experienced pilots willing to brush up a bit of everything.

Thanks! :ok:

TeaTowel
20th May 2013, 11:42
Professional Pilot Studies by Phil Croucher is a must have.:ok:

Breakthesilence
20th May 2013, 13:22
Oh yeah you are right, I found it on the web few months ago, but I was in doubt if considering that even if not updated regarding EU OPS and EASA (I didn't find any info), as it is really expensive (but definitely a great book!).

Maybe I'm wrong but did Phil Croucher make an updated version or it's still JAA based?

Richard Phillips
20th May 2013, 15:20
http://www.freelancepilot.nl/ATPL%20summary.pdf

this is ok, and it is free.

paco
20th May 2013, 17:10
Really expensive? £59 for virtually the whole ATPL syllabus in one book? and based on an approved course? :) Albeit black and white!

It doesn't matter is if it is JAA or EASA based, the exam content has stayed largely the same. All I had to do is search and replace EASA for JAA - although there are still some references to JAA. This is because the questions still contain such references. The book is called EASA Professional Pilot Studies for fixed wing, and it's updated regularly, especially when new info about questions comes out.

Any questions PM me

Breakthesilence
20th May 2013, 17:25
Hi Phil,

thank you for your answer. I meant the coloured one, i usually prefer these to the full b/w.
I found your book in colour version at the price of 167, 00 Euros almost 1 year ago.

This was my reference saying expencive (doesn't mean it's not worth!)

paco
20th May 2013, 17:47
No offence taken :) But the graphics have been made much more B & W friendly to try and keep peoples' costs down as much as poss.