PDA

View Full Version : stag do ideas (Munich)

DAL208
20th May 2013, 10:03
Hi,

Not sure if this should be in 'night stop' forum or jb. Ive searched other threads regarding stag parties but not much there.

Has anybody been for stag in Munich? Any ideas what to do other than drinking in beer halls?

How about jokes/games? What decent ones have you seen/had done to you on stags? Any ideas warmly welcomed, thanks.

Alloa Akbar
20th May 2013, 10:41
Get a piece of cardboard and cut a 6" dia hole in the middle.. This is your template for providing the stag with a "Monk" haircut when he is hammered.. and it won't show in wedding phots.. Fool proof!! :ok:

How about the old stag night "12 trials"? Basically the stag goes out dressed in womens underwear, and he has to stay that way until he completes 12 trials of your choosing.. Drinking a shot from a womans foof is a good one for example :ok:

Lord Spandex Masher
20th May 2013, 10:43
foof

Snigger snigger:ok:

Cyber Bob
20th May 2013, 11:52
Mountaineer stag do

You get a piece of rope long enough for all those attending to tie themselves to. Thread the rope through the loop of your trousers and so on untilo everyone is connected to the rope. No-one is allowed to free themselves from the rope, FOR ANY REASON!

Wherever you go (Bar, Toilet etc) everyone goes with you. Last time we did this we even dressed as mountaineers

Seems manageable to start with but give it an hour or two or a pint or six.................... Funny very funny

Lord Bracken
20th May 2013, 11:55
I went to an Ozzie stag do in Munich at Oktoberfest. Splendid fun. Flew LHR-MUC on BA and got diverted to STR on the way out...emptied the plane of grog in the process (Germans on a Friday night are a thirsty bunch). Would recommend booking tables in the beer tents as you'll find it tough otherwise, but the Hofbrauhaus is always a good fall-back. And plenty of late night offerings too...:{

OFSO
20th May 2013, 12:04
The first question is: when will the stag do be ? There are other festivals in Germany throughout the year and I'd rather go to the Heinerfest in Darmstadt (July) then going to a fest-less Munich at the same time. Actually I'd ALWAYS rather go to the Heinerfest than Munich, any time.

Lon More
20th May 2013, 12:11
Actually I'd ALWAYS rather go to the Heinerfest than Munich,

Munich is full of drunken fools in Oktober, not just the tourists. Many of the locals see it as a licence to rip-off any non-Bavarians. Better to go to one of the Weinfests along, say, the Mousel. Much friendlier and laid back.

OFSO
20th May 2013, 13:48
As yes, Lon, you have said it all there. For the uninitiated, the autumn wine festivals (Winzerfests) are to get rid of the last year's wine before the barrels are emptied and cleaned for the next year. All villages and towns have them and Bensheim on the Bergstrasse had a really good un. Many's the time on the opening day I've danced until dawn (or more precisely until I fell off the dance floor and was rolled unconscious under the drapes covering the dancefloor structure to await dawn and the cleaning ladies.) They really are excellent harmless fun.

At that time of the year it's possible to buy the still-fermenting new wine, called "Federweis". More than a couple of glasses produces the most evil hangover known to man, and you don't have to wait until next morning either. In Darmstadt it's sold with slices of hot onion tart (with pieces of bacon in it) and many a glutton (i.e. OFSO) lured by the bubbling Federweis and the smell of pastry, hot onions and bacon, has been made very very ill in an amazingly short time.

Needless to say, all was forgotten in the twelve months until the next one......

AlpineSkier
20th May 2013, 14:41
OFSO

I thought the Federweisse generally had a low alcohol content as it was only part way through fermentation. Only ever had in once in Ingolstadt in a Gasthaus (not a Fest ) with a slice of Zwiebelkuchen so may be mis-remembering.

OFSO
20th May 2013, 15:09
Federweiss - I can't say exactly which part of this drink caused me problems. Indeed it may well be the fermentation rather than the alcohol. All I can say is that three glasses was one more than the limit for causing me (and non-German colleagues) problems ! The Germans I knew wouldn't drink it, which possibly says it all in a nation not known for timidity.

Herewith the National Anthem of Hessen, best heard in one of the beer tents at the Heinerfest after a few litres of Gröhe....

Rodgau Monotones - Erbarme, die Hesse komme 1991 - YouTube

or for those like OFSO who has a medieval bent (titter ye not)....I present Corvus Corax-----

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIXV2NhLb_0

In fact, instead of heading blindly out to the Oktobyr Fest in Münich, I think I'd rather google "Corvus Corax on Tour", check which Fests they are performing at and go there.......

P.S. Whatever you do, don't mention the EU at any of the Bierfests.....not the most popular of subjects, where nationalists gather.

AlpineSkier
20th May 2013, 15:32
I'm surprised I have never heard of the Heinerfest as I used to visit Dreieich every couple of weeks and that's not far from Darmstadt (or Rodgau )

orgASMic
20th May 2013, 16:12
Hofbrauhaus, Olympische Park mit big tower, BWM Museum, Oberammergau, Neuschwanstein, sturdy frauleins, etc, etc. What's not to like?

Munich Hotel Oktoberfest ? Official Website for Munich (http://www.muenchen.de/int/en)

We used to stay in the Offiziersheim at Furstenfeldbruck and get the train in. Cheap as chips.

sisemen
20th May 2013, 16:14
Go to a bar. Have lots of drinks. Vomit a lot. Wake up some time later without most of your clothes wondering where the hell you are.

There you are - sorted.

OFSO
20th May 2013, 17:01
the Heinerfest

Germanys fourth biggest. Centre of Darmstadt closed off for a week, over 500 booths seling everything from garlic mushrooms to..well, you name it: four big beer tents with two bands playing at either end...and amusingly - because you cannot reroute tram lines - the trams driving through the middle of town between the revellers. Drunken GI's passing out here and there (strong German beer), English dancing on tables, and the real Miss Piggy doing a t-shirt swap.

Sigh.

Actually makes me want to go back !

Darmstädter Heinerfest ? Das große Innenstadt- und Volksfest (http://www.darmstaedterheinerfest.de/)

Incidently - a slight drift I know - but when I was first in Germany I was told one could not initiate an action against one's wife for adultery where the act had been committed during Fassnacht, the pre-lenten festival held in February. I never had reason to find out whether this was true in law, but no man would ever admit he was so weak-willed as to have allowed it to happen - or even weaker-willed to complain publically if it did. The attitude to a chap having a go at someone else's wife during the big festivals was slightly different - but only slightly. If you can't stand the heat you shouldn't go into the kitchen, etc. Of course I'd recommend finding out first if the lady was willing - some of those Frauleins pack a mighty wallop and no man would come to your aid.

DAL208
20th May 2013, 19:51
Thanks.

Early june we will be there

Richo77
21st May 2013, 00:39
Work with a bloke who attended one where the groom was handcuffed/tied to a little person who was dressed as a leprechaun. Said little person was instructed he had to be a rude and filthy little fcker all night. Apparently hilarious results which resulted in the little person being carried everywhere by the groom whilst he had several "alcohol naps".