PDA

View Full Version : Hoax Call for Crashed Helicopter in Western Australia

Rotor Work
20th May 2013, 09:03
From ABC News

Authorities says an emergency call about the crashed helicopter near Gingin is now believed to be a hoax.
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority received a call claiming to be from the chopper pilot just before 1:00 pm.
Several aircraft searched bushland where the helicopter was purported to have gone down but found no sign of it.
An AMSA spokeswoman says the caller provided mismatched terminology and two different call signs for the downed chopper.
She says the aircraft matching the call signs have both been accounted for.

Grenville Fortescue
20th May 2013, 09:06
Hoax calls seem to be the Australian national pass time. :ugh:

500e
20th May 2013, 10:24
Hoax calls seem to be the Australian national pass time. :ugh:

Couple of likely suggestions there then :E

Lancelot37
20th May 2013, 11:00
If they trace the person involved they should be mad to pay double the costs involved in the search.

Anthony Supplebottom
20th May 2013, 11:11
And where do you suggest the extra money should go after covering the cost of the helis?

Old Age Pilot
20th May 2013, 11:45
And where do you suggest the extra money should go after covering the cost of the helis?

That's a bit pedantic isn't it? I think the point he's trying to make is quite clear.

But if we are to start a debate about where the extra monies from an off the cuff suggested punishment should go, my vote goes to women and booze for the search crew :ok:

bondu
20th May 2013, 13:51
"Women and booze for the search crew" ... Hmm, works for me!!!::E

20th May 2013, 23:11

Probably start with the flight crew the put themselves out - I would guess that they did not get any overtime.

500e
21st May 2013, 11:52
2nd that bondu :ok:

cabcat
13th Jun 2013, 05:26
Hunt for 'Gingin chopper crash' hoax caller | News.com.au (http://www.news.com.au/national-news/western-australia/hunt-for-gingin-chopper-crash-hoax-caller/story-fnii5thn-1226663060483)

Mayday call released. Must admit, sounded genuine...