PDA

View Full Version : Why I don't like JB

Flypro
18th May 2013, 07:36
Just imagine my frustration.

There I am, gearing up to add a shatteringly funny entry to the 'Why I like JB' thread when I notice that somebody (?) has closed it.

Now the world will be a poorer place without my fantastic one-liner.

This is why I don't like JB

Well, secretly, I still rather like JB - but don't tell the Mods

ExSp33db1rd
18th May 2013, 07:59
Do tell, we can still laugh.

I too got p****ed off to find the thread closed, I was going to agree about women holding up the Supermarket queue when they are surprised that they have to actually pay for their goods, but not until all have been packed into little plastic bags and replaced in the trolley, and some discussion has taken place between them and the other female on the till about some totally unrelated gossip, they then search around in the bottom of their voluminous bag, as described, muttering such phrases like " I know I brought it" or " I know it's in here somewhere"

A local radio talk-back host made some comment about this a few years ago, and I sent a fax ( no e-mail in those days ) along the above lines, which he read out, and I was vilified by a Monstrous Regiment of women for days - didn't I realise that they had to corral some restless child, work out what to cook for the next few family dinners, etc. etc.

Tough. You know you have to pay, have it ready before you join the queue. ain't rocket science, and these days most people only use a little plastic card anyway -'course, remembering the PiN number can be a challenge for some !!

Capetonian
18th May 2013, 08:04
It's like people who get to the toll on the motorway. They know it's a toll road, there were signs warning that the pay station is coming up, they've probably done it before a hundred million times, but they never have means of payment ready.

Flypro
18th May 2013, 08:06
It was something about exrafradar 'standing corrected' when there are Stuka's about that made me chortle - but it doesn't seem so funny now.
Strange that

toffeez
18th May 2013, 08:08
Here in euroland some people still pay by cheque. After they've finished their business as described by Speedbird, they open their mock-leather chequebook case and start writing slow copperplate. Just when one thinks they've finished, its the moment to write the amount on the stub and possibly calculate the account balance before leaving.

Cacophonix
18th May 2013, 08:11
The sudden thread death syndrome is definitely a very JB thing, like it or not!

"The Moving Finger writes;
and, having writ,
Moves on:
nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it."

I believe that Omar was a great zucchini fan although his take on Stukas is less clear. ;)

Caco

Buster Hyman
18th May 2013, 08:15
I work with a guy who's old man worked on Messerschmitts during the war. I asked him what it felt like for him to work on 109's etc. He said he was just following orders.

sisemen
18th May 2013, 08:24
Nah. That's the bloke who works in Quality Control for KFC who tails your car until you chuck the empty box out of the window.

Cacophonix
18th May 2013, 08:29
I crashed into a Volkswagen Beetle while studying at UCT. It turned that the owner of the car was the son of a man who had flown Messerschmitts during the war. Ultimately, despite my vehicular gaffe, he invited me to visit his family in Ludertitz for a party...

To my growing unease it became clear that there was definite unspoken thread to the party held as it was on the 20th April.

I assuaged my sense of guilt by drinking far too much schnapps while speaking broken German...

Caco

sisemen
18th May 2013, 08:34
Ah, the day that Soviet troops entered Berlin. Nice birthday pressie for the mad corporal. :eek:

B Fraser
18th May 2013, 08:38
Perhaps a round of golf would have been appropriate. Your hosts could have ended the game in a bunker.

:E

mustpost
18th May 2013, 08:43
Persistent and blatant thread drift...:E

sisemen
18th May 2013, 08:47
yfl6Lu3xQW0

They don't make 'em like that any more :ok:

JB Mods
18th May 2013, 08:47
The reason the last thread was closed (and the reason this one will also be closed) is self evident if you think about what was posted in it.

We already have one TRABB thread and don't need any more. Historically over the years, all TRABB lookalikes have been closed and will continue to be closed.

The original idea of the "Why I Like JB" thread was actually very good, but it soon drifted into a TRABB.