PDA

View Full Version : Two class commuter jets

Avman
28th Apr 2002, 18:54
Not withstanding the fact that Business Class within Europe is already a con with most carriers, are Business Pax being truly taken to the cleaners when flying so-called "C" class on CRJs, ERJs and the likes? Do you think that these aluminium tubes should be Y class only?

AOG007
29th Apr 2002, 07:27
As a previous employee of one of these operators, I have always found it somewhat of a joke that the company offers passengers a club service in economy seating. The only thing different is the service, but how much can you improve the service on a 1-2 hour flight.
These aircraft are all new, clean and pleasant. Yet when you have paid even more than normal, you expect exactly that, more!
Having been a regular passenger in Business Class for a major airline, I have always been impressed by the extras that you get, but this is a long flight of 6 hours plus. The extra leg room, bigger seats, excellent food and inflight entertainment. Non of this available on these pocket rockets which are now always sold with ex amount of Business seats. Basically these seats make up for the drop in numbers since the low-cost market became so large.

I say they should get shot of this, and concentrate on bringing a better service to all passengers!

End of moan! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sharjah Night Shift
29th Apr 2002, 18:55
I was one of nine passengers on a BRAL Embrarer 145 from Southampton to Frankfurt and the only one in economy. This meant I had to sit in the back row behind the curtain in an identical seat to those up front. the only advantage to having a C class ticket was the reduction in engine noise.

SLF
1st May 2002, 11:59
I have to agree that the seat and service don't justify MUCH extra cost, but generally the price difference between full fare economy and club is only GBP20-30 on (say) a Europe day trip. If I'm a frequent flier on the carrier, I probably get most of the best perks anyway: faster checkin, use of lounge etc, but if I'm not, the small premium is well worth it. And then there's the extra air miles...;) ;) ;)

Big Kahuna Burger
24th May 2002, 13:30
I was always under the impression that the major reason for club seat prices was rather more to do with the flexibility that was offered with that ticket, which of course your normal business traveller needs, but leisure travller probably does not.

OPEN CLB
25th May 2002, 18:49
Sometimes it does turn ridiculous.
Just recently, on a 8-300, 26 economy pax where squashed into the rear with no seat to spare, with the remaining seats as "business" class being occupied by 1 (ONE!) person.
The story ended with the poor girl having to upgrade the last economy rows to business, as the original load put the aircraft way out of trim........:D

wub
30th May 2002, 13:27
I checked-in for an EDI to CDG trip on a BA EMB145 and was later recalled from the gate to the exec lounge, lugging laptop and suit carrier, about a 10 minute hike, to be told I'd been upgraded to Club. I found myself in the seat in front of the economy one I had been allocated at checkin and was given a hot meal instead of a bag of sarnies. What a performance and what a waste of effort!