PDA

View Full Version : Job Openings in The Caribbean/Latin America

GPS Approach
28th Apr 2002, 17:35
Hi,

Does anybody know of any flying jobs in The Caribbean or Latin America for a relatively low houred pilot like myself.

Will consider anything, anywhere.

Thanks in anticipation.:cool:

B Sousa
3rd May 2002, 03:31
You must have at least a commercial, so what is low time and what do you fly F/W or R/W?? Im sure there are some jobs, albeit not much mioney.....have you tried anyone in the BVI??

Captain Stable
3rd May 2002, 10:15
GPS, for jobs such as the ones you are looking for, there usually isn't much advertised.

I have to admit I know very little about Latin America, but in the Caribbean the only way is to contact airlines directly. You could spend a little time wandering around - Liat certainly used to do an unlimited-travel ticket so you could spend a week going from island to island.

SVG Air in St. Vincent were looking for pilots not too long ago - I don't know if they still are. Chief Pilot is Paul Gravell. Also on St. Vincent is Mustique Airways, owner is Jonathan Palmer.

Carib Aviation in Antigua would be a good one to try. They are now under the same ownership as TIA in Barbados, so have quite a few aircraft/bases between them. Forget Liat and BWIA, who only hire Caribbean nationals.

HelenAir in St. Lucia, WinAir in Anguilla, etc. etc.

You can get a local licence on the basis of either an FAA or CAA CPL/ATPL on presentation of a local medical certificate and the relevant fee. This varies enormously from one island to the next. It could be EC$30, it could be EC$300 (US$1=EC$2.7), but all licences and other regulation for most of the islands are carried out under the OECS (Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States) umbrella by the DCA (Directorate of Civil Aviation) in Antigua.

Good luck!

GPS Approach
3rd May 2002, 10:47
B Souza,

Thanks for the reply, yes I have an FAA Commercial, Fixed Wing.

Low Hours: only 275TT 35Multi.

Willing to consider anything, anywhere and for any reward. Just want to fly!

If you have any info, will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers GPS.:)

GPS Approach
3rd May 2002, 10:49
Captain Stable,

Thanks for your reply. I'm off to Florida in a few weeks, so I may pop over to the islands and check things out.

Thanks again.

brosinger
8th May 2002, 17:24
Hello everyone,
As a new user and as young french pilot, I request some help. I have finished my ATP formation in september and I'm looking for my first job but everyone know that it's a hard time presently,so if someone can bring some help to a new pilot with lots of motivation I will be very grateful.
For instance I have no type rating but I can have one in case of hiring.
For further questions you can consultate my web site and keep one's ear open.
Thanks for all.
http://brosinger.ifrance.com

Captain Stable
9th May 2002, 01:53
brosinger, I suggest you try asking the same question on the French Language Forum.

Keep watching the "Wannabes" Forum as well.

And good luck! You'll find that it's not easy getting your first job. Once you have it, though, it gets easier - stick at it!