PDA

View Full Version : EFP

LS8C1
15th May 2013, 08:09
New here so please bear with me.

From my rosta payment details...

Total credit for the month: 99.53 hours
Variance from EFP threshold: +8.37 hours.

Not great at maths nut I thought 99.53 minus 84=15.53

Or am I missing something?

Thanks for any light shed

Forward CofG
15th May 2013, 09:32
Did you pick up a proffer or do a swap.
It changes your EFP threshold in the wrong direction if you do!

LS8C1
15th May 2013, 09:43
This could explain a bit. Swapped an LHR for a JFK, though at that time I was still under the EFP threshold. Went over it when I was called off reserve for a JFK.

Thanks!

CYRILJGROOVE
15th May 2013, 23:06
Basically the extra hours for the JFK trip vs the LHR don't count and your EFP threshold increased by those 8 hours to 92 ish and you should receive about 7 hours EFP. I am not certain of the multiplyer but I would guess you will be stiffed and get the lowest band.You need to keep that in mind when swapping. A similar gotcha occurs when you proffer and you could easily get nabbed on O or Reserve days which may have given you EFP if you didn't proffer.....but now you may fly for free. You could easily end up not only paying $$$$$ to proffer, but flying more hours for zero EFP.

Ghosted credits would go a long way to prevent abuse but it is a step to far for our Micky mouse rostering system.

Welcome to the world of CX always wins.

flapsupdown
17th May 2013, 08:31
any idea what happens if you swap (say EFP threshold goes up 3 hours), and then swap again (for a flight 3 hours shorter) - does the threshold return to 84 or still stuck at 87?

Subwoofer
17th May 2013, 12:08
Nope, the company always wins - the threshold stays at the new higher level.

flapsupdown
18th May 2013, 08:15
Anyone have the experience of raising the EFP threshold by your own doing, before the company takes the flight away? What happens in this case? EFP threshold still stuck at higher number??

FlexibleResponse
18th May 2013, 14:21
The Company has special software to take care of your rostering, credits and pay...

For example, they will pull you off a flight and call out a reserve guy just to save money.