PDA

View Full Version : Charts/plates/etc for Vietnam

airtids
15th May 2013, 01:39
Hi, all!

Running a program here in Canada, and just about to graduate our first crop. We have been asking VN Military for plates/charts/VFR/IFR, and have gotten nowhere:ugh:. I am now appealing to any folks operating in that part of the world: First querstion is do these things exist (ICAO, so gotta believe at least the Jepp plates are out there. VNCs and VTAs might be harder to come by)? Second question is can I get you to send me your expired copies for a resource to use in the program?

You will have my eternal gratitude, and cocktails at the Nha Trang Sailing Club in August when I deliver the first machine!!

Much thanks.

(see, the gratitude is starting already!!)

PappyJ
15th May 2013, 08:34
Basically, the charts that you're looking for simply don't exist. Most of us who flew in the area, had our own assorted makings of VNC/VTA charts.

Of course, there are IFR navigation charts which are available from Jeppesen, but they're are a lot of the local airports (Military) which are not included. For those you'd need a copy of the Vietnam AIP and the relevant Military documents, which are written in Vietnamese.

Most of the pilots flying there have company supplied charts, which over the years were translated to English.

I'll see what's in the bottom of my bag and let you know what I can come up with. I can send you current Jeps, if you tell me the airports that you're interested in.

Jetdriver_JAT
16th May 2013, 03:31
Please check your PM.

airtids
22nd May 2013, 16:51
Thanks, guys.

That was basically what I was afraid of. These guys are VFR only as the airplane is float-equipped, so maybe we just have to print them out really big GoooogleMaps!

We've got Jeppstar, so I can pick out the IFR stuff we need, and the client is military, so we can likely get any of the slightly less-public airport info.

Cam On!

haunted dog
3rd Jun 2013, 17:23
If you are looking for charts...I can help you! I like the Sailing Club :E. Jeppesen has no charts for Nha Trang or better Cam Ranh Airport. You are talking about two different airports. Nha Trang City Airport is not for the public. The other "Nha Trang" (CXR Cam Ranh) is for the public and is the official airport. What charts are you now looking for?