PDA

View Full Version : FA's

TightSlot
13th May 2013, 17:53
Feeling Devilish and Bored (On standby and not being used) so thought I would lob this little grenade in...

Telegraph: Flight attendant 'the worst job in travel' (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelnews/10013321/Flight-attendant-the-worst-job-in-travel.html)

Discuss... :E

P.S. - I have had numerous depraved and exhausting acts of love with the one in the middle... But so far, only in my mind. (Told you I was bored)

PAXboy
13th May 2013, 19:08
You're not a Flight Attendant - You're a very naught boy! := :=

Hotel Tango
13th May 2013, 19:40
To be honest, I don't fancy any of them. I've seen better, including the FA I married ;)

MathFox
13th May 2013, 20:45
Sorry Tightslot, but the economy caused me to stop being a frequent flier... But I never imagined that me flying less often would have such an impact on the well-being of flight attendants. :E

BOAC
14th May 2013, 07:43
I have had numerous depraved and exhausting acts of love with the one in the middle - we talking the first or second picture, 'cos the one on the right has that certain 'I'm anyone's' look?

Mr Mac
14th May 2013, 12:12
Tightslot
In a previouse life while at Uni I worked during summers on super yachts - (Uncle was skipper on one which helped) and I would no way descibe it as a dream job !!. Same problems you get with passengers except we could not get rid of them after 14hrs. I remember obnoxiouse charters with kids and parents who liked to ensure that you were aware at all times exactly who is boss. You know they are paying an awaful lot of money £16k per week excluding food, diesel, harbour fees, booze etc and this was in late 1970,s but some did push it. There were a number of good and enjoyable guests who treated crew well, but you do remember the stinkers, as I suspect F/A do. Parties were good though as I remember, with fellow crews when dead heading, as our girl Fridays could match, or better any stewardess I have come across of late. Now have the joy of working in worldwide construction, and I can tell you that for stress etc it takes some beating in a recession - wish I had never picked up a Lego brick :sad:

DaveReidUK
15th May 2013, 16:11
The only discussion I'd be interested in is how to coordinate our efforts and contact GETTY Images. I'm sure they know what ad agency the models posing as FAs work for. Unless they're real FAs (doubt it). That'd make it easier still.

Clue:

http://www.workingoffice.de/cms/images/germanwings290x180_firmenprogramm.jpg

Cymmon
15th May 2013, 18:05
That s so strange, was just thinking of a trip to Germany!

grounded27
15th May 2013, 23:31
I think most F/A's take it as a job and many get trapped in it as a career. Usually the motivation is travel polished by the glamour the airline sells. In many cases I have seen a F/A can end up a coulda shoulda woulda complaining about the nicotine fit they are having, tis no life. I have known of aircraft mechanics who have done it for the bennies on the side while attempting to get an inside track on what they love to do most with the airline. It is a great JOB for a young person, I can not see how it could be a desirable long term career though.

Aus380
16th May 2013, 00:56
A great job for legacy crew on legacy wages (not so much new hires) made challenging by the unrealistic and unachievable (read outright lies and impossible) promises made by airlines advertising and marketing departments and customers who end up feeling cheated for not receiving what they were promised and taking it out on crew.

crewmeal
16th May 2013, 05:27
Thank God I was a trolly dolly many years ago when BOAC looked after you and went everywhere in the world. Prime examples were SYD/AKL/HNL/NAN through the west on a VC-10 along with Baghdad night stops which were a peaceful experience and fun along with Beirut and Damascus. Back in those days you got paid a decent salary along with the the appropriate expenses based on the cost of living at the time. Career prospects were good and it was considered a job for life. No shell suits, very few complaints and pax who behaved themselves, no diversions to offload difficult and abusive pax, the list goes on. Nowadays ther glamour has gone. Ultra long range sectors with minimum rest, low cost carriers who charge for everything. I believe flying now is more an ordeal for both passengers and crew, when once it was considered an experience of a life time.

Hotel Tango
16th May 2013, 06:43
I believe flying now is more an ordeal for both passengers and crew

Amen to that!