PDA

View Full Version : BACE Company Forum

The Little Prince
28th Apr 2002, 12:45
I'm not being critical, (he swiftly said), however I have great difficulty with entrusting my personal details to BOSD, who, for all I know, could be my Fleet Manager, my HR Manager, or even Rob Hearn (our CEO).
I'm interested to know how many of us will log back in, given the total lack of anonimity now available. Some of the postings in the past have been as vociferous and sharp as the many Company malpractices they addressed. While a reduction in lawyer's fees will probably be welcomed, I think this will at best moderate, and more likely effectively censor a lot of the rumour and comment about BRAL/Manx/ Brymon that we had been used to enjoying.

To repeat, this is not personalised criticism of anyone, but who will or will not be re-establishing their credentials? I bet we see the end of TDLF's postings under his well known Cyrano-like nom de plume.

To other airlines not in the know, BACE has also now started a Company PPRUNE thing, called intercom. This available at
https://www.intercom.manx-airlines.com

Funnily enough, just like the new Company forums, this one has no anonimity either. Accordingly, a lot of interesting points never get debated in any depth at all, as people are just too FRIT, and with justification.

skianyn vannin
28th Apr 2002, 13:57
I've got to agree with the previous posting. There is now way I'm going to make posts on the company forum unless I remain annonymous.

Like the little prince says we have no idea who BOSD is.

Its a great shame as the company forum was the only way we found out what was happening.

PS is there any truth in the rumour that a pilot was hauled in front of the human remains director and threatened with disciplinary action regairding postings on pprune?

towser
28th Apr 2002, 14:15
I can assure you that you have nothing to worry about in terms of who BOSD is.I can assure you that BOSD is not involved in management in anyway and couldn't give a toss about who you are but this info is needed , but then the consipracy theorists amongst you will read other things into this. Thats life I guess!

BluffOldSeaDog
28th Apr 2002, 14:17
Feel a little hurt by this boys, I hope the personal e-mails clear it up for you. Anybody else in BACE who wants access but is too scared to divulge their info, just e-mail me. If I recognise your user name, and I've been on the forum for 3years I'll tell you who I am. A little trust is required, remember I'm blowing my cover, nobody has a clue who I am.
BOSD

Sledge
28th Apr 2002, 14:18
The Little Prince and skianyn vannin, if you register for the BACE forum by emailing BOSD,you will receive an email with the identity of BOSD.Whether or not your details are then forwarded on to management sources casts doubt on the integrity of BOSD.I for one would hope that would not be the case.
These are difficult times within our company,we should not be afraid of voicing an opinion for fear of retribution by management.If it is a valid complaint,whinge or whatever,then post it or moan directly to management. We have to have solidarity. The threatened action by cabin crew at Manch last week achieved the desired affect.:cool:

Fox One
28th Apr 2002, 14:41
Well, you won't find me going into details about who I am either!!!!

I'm not a bluff character at all!!

Capt. Horrendous
28th Apr 2002, 15:35
I think that you were all living with a false sense of security anyway thinking your posts where truly anon - ask PK how he got sussed and indeed by whom.

Sheepslagger
28th Apr 2002, 16:38
You must be bloody joking if you think many of us are going to post anything when we can be so easily identified. I don't know who PK is, and I don't want to. I think those of us with anything controversial to say will just use the main forums, I know I will. I don't drink it, shoot it, sh@g it, trash it or whatever, but it does give you an insight when we don't get to know who the moderator is. Come back Bral, Mudguard and your predecessors, you are sorely missed!!

Barcli
28th Apr 2002, 17:16
not being the most computer literate, www.intercom.manx-airline.com doesnt work for me from home,,,,, can anybody tell me what I am doing wrong please?

towser
29th Apr 2002, 10:37
I thought PK identified himself.

oscarh
29th Apr 2002, 17:36
Firstly, we have the clever dicks who feel it is smart to 'out' others or at least try to. Then we have the BALPA CC member who, alledgedly, thought it fun to hack the forums and identify and then assert his knowledge to his chums. He, of course is suposed to be above this sort of thing but who can be trusted with confidential information? This prompted a rush of changed handles on our forum but many now have little confidence of their hoped-for anonymity, so what chance for the private forum or BOSD now?
Is it not possible for all the previous handles to be granted acces without BOSD's vetting and accept the odd interloper, or am I hoping for too much?

climbs like a dog
30th Apr 2002, 09:48
I for one would be quite happy for the odd interloper to appear if only to resume the previous anonimity. All the BACE forum needs at the moment is some tumbleweed to complete the picture.

Whilst it is fine for BOSD to reveal his identity this doesn't really tackle peoples desire to lurk in the shadows and not be found out. And the anonimity is what enables people to make astoundingly and unwarrantedly savage personal attacks, which, let's face it, is partly the reason we checkout pprune in the first place (joke).

Nigel Nearly
30th Apr 2002, 14:26
And I must admit, I do like a good lurk.

Who needs a company forum anyway, this one seems to be addressing the issues fairly well. Its the only one I'll be using - except for the intercom forum, not much difference between intercom and BOSD's private line now, is there?

:D

The Little Prince
30th Apr 2002, 21:28
'LURKING' is not really a fair description.
All it is demonstrates a desire for anonimity, which is no longer taken for granted, or even granted at all. But it doesn't matter, we've still got the main forum.

oscarh
1st May 2002, 21:13
BOSD
I see you are on the forum, do you have anything to say regarding the suggestion I made, which seems to have a bit of support, or perhaps it is technically not possible?
Would appreciate a comment as would, I am sure, a few others.
Thanks,
oscar.

Diego Garcia
4th May 2002, 02:19
A BIG SHOCK. First, 'new' PPRuNe (for which I've had to re-register)

Secondly - Airline Forums - BACE ... or to be more correct -'BACX' !
Why on Earth should we divulge our real names.

Begs the question - WHAT'S THE POINT- if 'you know who' knows who you are WHY bloody POST.

WHO'LL POST?

Seems as though this thing's all gone a bit bloody politically correct to me.

oscarh
5th May 2002, 18:25
brymon
BluffOldSeaDog seems to have gone shy on this topic, so perhaps you could give an answer to my question? I am sure that it would be of interest to very many of us.
regards,
oscar.

Beerbelly
7th May 2002, 16:29
There IS no answer, because the new system is not fair.

But what the hell, life in the main forum seems to work quite well, and it probably lessens the invective a little because of its location, as well as letting everyone else know exactly what our company is really like.

Connect
8th May 2002, 19:16
So to enter the BACX forum we have to register our real names and username with BoS. Who is BoS? Why should his name be protected? Has he got something to hide?:mad:

oscarh
12th May 2002, 22:40
brymon and/or BOSD
Would one of you PLEASE tell us if there is any technical reason why you cannot admit previous members to the forum anonymously. If you can, PLEASE tell why you won´t.
oscar

Diego Garcia
13th May 2002, 01:04
BRYMON and SEA DOG

I don't know because I haven't been on and haven't applied to go on,but I know that under PRESENT CONDITIONS there really isn't any point in having a company forum.Might as well go on the Intercom name-list.

I will not be applying to be a member of the BACX forum.A sad situation as many ideas etc are aired (or have been) on forums such as this.

PPRuNe in general? :( mmm think so...

oscarh
18th May 2002, 11:06
BOSD and brymon
Just thought I would try and get a response from you once more!
sincerely,
oscar

brain fade
18th May 2002, 23:33
I have it on good authority that BALPA and the company have agreed a deal re BACE T&C's. Anyone else heard anything?:)
p.s. heard on 17/5, thursday. since when, nowt!:confused:

Capt PPRuNe
19th May 2002, 12:41
FYI the new software doesn't allow for a single password protected forum. All the private forums are now set so that anyone wanting access has to apply to the moderator and they have to let the moderator know their log-in name. Once the moderaor knows the log-in name and can verify thay you are eligible for access to the private forum they can set your access level to include access to the company forum.

All moderators are chosen and vetted by us here at PPRuNe and are comitted to assuring the anonimity of users. PPRune has prided itself on this anonimity over the years and they are not going to allow anyone to abuse it now.

All the other private forums are run this way now and there are no problems there. Obviously there are problems within your own company or you do not trust your moderator. If you do not use your private forum then I will remove otherwise it just wastes space. As long as you do not abuse the forum but continue to discuss the issues there should be no problem.

BluffOldSeaDog
25th Jun 2002, 00:38
Just in case all you lurkers are monitoring this thread still - I've never tried to hide who I am. I was under the impression that it's a very badly kept secret. The only person that has a list of user names is me, and giving out people's names to others wouldn't bode well for my career prospects

Stu Sumner aka BluffOldSeaDog :p

oscarh
21st Jul 2002, 19:53
Managed to get a peek at the Company Forum via a friend.
Gone off a bit now that the anonymity has gone, n'est-ce pas?
Come on guys, there has to be a better way.
oscar