PDA

View Full Version : CPL to a Microlight License

munna_ujjwal
12th May 2013, 18:07
Dear All,

I have DGCA issued CPL which expires on June 23rd 2013. My class I medicals are being renewed on June 4th 2013. I have not been flying since my license got issued and I presently work for a small engineering firm.

I plan on getting a Microlight Pilots License using my CPL before it expires as I wish to do some hobby flying in the future (I will not be renewing my CPL once it expires on June 23rd as I cannot afford it given my present financial situation).

The DGCA Flight Crew Licensing Circular No. 2/2010 states that in order to get a Microlight Pliots License;
"....the holder of a current Private Pilot’s Licence (Aeroplanes) or a higher category of Licence (Aeroplanes) are required to carry out familiarization flights which shall be followed by not less than three solo take-offs and landings. The familiarization flights shall be carried out under the supervision of an approved Examiner or a Flight Instructor approved by the Director-General."

Q1. If I submit the required papers to the DGCA before the 23rd of June, would they issue my Microlight Pilots License even after the CPL expires? (assuming that the process is going to take a few days).

I hope I am not missing anything and would be really grateful if someone could help shed some light on this.

bhambri
12th May 2013, 19:30
Hi Munna,

I am not sure about mircolight license but why not renew your CPL license that much amount of money you have invested on it and renewing it wont cost you that much, you can renew it on Single engine aircarft it will hardly cost you 50-60k. You just have to do FAM GFT by DAY and NIGHT.

munna_ujjwal
13th May 2013, 07:28
Hi Bhambri,

My CPL has a PA 34 endorsement. I didn't get a single engine endorsed on it back in 2008, I now realize that it was a mistake on my part.

I am now looking for some information regarding the microlight license. Hopefully I can do some hobby flying in the future :)

Regards,
Ujjwal.

cyrilroy21
13th May 2013, 07:40
@munna

Bombay Flying Club I believe has a PA 34 for 35000 rupees an hour . And like Bhambri mentioned above all you need is FAM Flight followed by Day , Night and IR check

You worked very hard to get the CPL . Dont let it lapse . I am quite sure opportunities will come out sooner or later

The other thing you can do is to get the C172 or C152 endorsed on the DGCA license . You need to pass the DGCA tech specific followed by 7 hours of flying including skill tests for it to be endorsed

While I strongly recommend the multi ( needed for airbus operators ) you can still apply to 737 and other operators .

Ofcourse make sure your RT , medical etc are valid

http://www.dgca.nic.in/cars/D7B-B18.pdf

Alternatively try and get an NOC to do the skill test abroad ( much cheaper ) . No garuntee youwill get it but atleast try for one

munna_ujjwal
21st May 2013, 12:54
@Cyril: I tried getting in touch with the Bombay Flying club, they informed me that they don't do renewal flying. The Seneca is not serviceable at Orient flying school, AAA & Chimes :(

cyrilroy21
21st May 2013, 13:35
Munna if you can get a written reply from all the flight schools that their Seneca is not available...
Then use that to apply for an NOC and go abroad to renew the license

I think this is the CAR that applies in your case . Not sure though

http://www.dgca.nic.in/cars/D7B-B17.pdf