PDA

View Full Version : ACS I Assume is for rmit flight training??

Homesick-Angel
12th May 2013, 02:30
I've heard plenty over the years on pprune about conditions studying there , although nothing recent,, but what about actually working there? Good bad or indifferent? Gotta mate with gd1 META and Mecir but his testicles have shrivelled at some of the stories he's heard ...;) I tend to think most stories are a load of garbage, but you never know..

peterc005
12th May 2013, 11:25
It's a fairly big operation, so there is a mixture of personalities over at RMIT YMPC.

There was a change in the management there last year, which seems to have been a big improvement.

RMIT has a reputation for being strict, but they seem to have a much better safety history that some comparable integrated flying schools, so maybe this is a good idea.

They have a new fleet, mainly C172 and C182, with an 8KCAB and apparently a new Seminole on the way. The facilities there are very good.

The biggest pain is a lack of shops and having to travel over the Westgate if you live on the other side of town.

I've met a few of the RMIT instructors and they seemed professional, happy and well motivated. Recently they've been using Qantas pilots for some sessional theory classes, which is a cool idea.

The RMIT students I've met seem happy with the training, certainly more so than the Swinburne Aviation students.

TOUCH-AND-GO
12th May 2013, 13:18
Yes, ACS is the only recruiter for RMIT flight training at YMPC. I inquired about the position as a Ground theory instructor they had up on AFAP about a month ago I recall???

peterc005 has pretty much summed everything up.

I've personally trained their and was vastly pleased with the training compared to Swinburne. Facility, flight training are great, and shops aren't that far from the building.

Students will always find themselves in difficult situations. Personally I've never experienced anything dramatically, my flight instructors were upfront and experienced from the outback. Though I have heard stories and witnessed them myself on occasions. PM me if interested! :)

Cheers,

T&G :ok:

PlaneWhisperer
18th May 2013, 10:18
Hmmmm, I've been navigating a fair bit around PPrune for advice on RMIT recently, I find these couple posts above to be a bit suspect...

Weekend_Warrior
18th May 2013, 10:45
Scripted straight from the marketing department, I reckon.

peterc005
18th May 2013, 11:01
No marketing department, rather experience. My son studies there and I've been impressed with what I've heard from a number of different people.

Right now RMIT is probably the best option for a university-based integrated course south of the Murrey, for the reasons stated above.

pilotchute
26th Jun 2013, 10:02
The title says it all.

If anyone is curious as to why I have said it then PM me. Take no notice of Pete. He works for them I reckon.

tail wheel
27th Jun 2013, 10:15
Homesick-Angel. Tell your mate with the small cahoonas to go look for himself, speak to the staff and form his own opinions.