PDA

View Full Version : OK Airways Bad News

AmericanZombie
12th May 2013, 01:07
Hi Folks,

Be careful with OK Airways, i heard from a safe source, that some Brazilian Guys are experiencing bad issues in this company.

They do can to earn over foreign pilots, like retard payments/reimbursements, misunderstanding contract clauses, delaying payments, not complying with training salary just until 60 days from commencing, and continue to pay training salary as long as she can, promissing to pay the difference after line check successful(But some guys has failed recently, in suspectly conditions, that seems to be a trick to continue to pay training salary for more time and save money to the company)
The company is a small airline, waiting for some planes, and trying to have a "bank" of pilots under their control, and they used to manage their hiring process to be extended for a long time, and these pilots are linked with OK as soon as they do Medical Exam or ATPL exam. So, they can not go to another airline due the requirement of a "release letter" from OK Air to apply for another company!.
Be careful when apply for OK, and try another option, unless that they change the way of treatment of their pilots. They didnīt comply with their promisses, and they are constantly changing their understanding about the contract!. Even to take money from pilots. They are not honest.:ugh::ugh:

Zombie

kwaiyai
12th May 2013, 15:20
Sounds same Mickey Mouse S@@@ but different Company in China,

captjns
12th May 2013, 15:45
Same Chinese Airline, different paint job and different logo:{

USMCProbe
13th May 2013, 09:12
Yep. If your new Chinese airline is fat on pilots, you might find yourself doing line training for 18 months earning 60-70% of the advertised rate.

In reality, you never really know what is going on. Keep your eyes open, mouth mostly closed, and hope for the best. That is as good as it gets in China. And it never lets up.

AmericanZombie
19th Jun 2014, 01:34
Hi Folks

Now VOR Holdings is offering a "Lie", an Upgradeable Contract as F/O at OkAir.
Company situation are near a high-unsafety level, due lack of pilots, nobody want to fly there, due worst chinese salary amd worst working conditions!.
Company Staff are rude in their treatment with Pilots, trying to push them and everytime fly beyond limits. They have a flight that they normally expire Duty Time/Flight Time and Rest Time 4x a week, nobody cares about that and Captains are prohibited to stop the flight due threatenings and other stupids actions.
Everyone flying close to or beyond limits, late reimbursements, and the worst, they delay at most possible bonus payments, so, the "new contract" is based on Bonus!. If you ask them about your bonus, they answer that the company have the right to pay or not your bonus!.
There is a lot of better companies in China! Avoid Ok and Avoid VOR!.
Upgrades?? NO! You will fly FOREVER as a F/O flying only with Chinese Captains!(Smoking Hard). No Double-Foreigns Crew allowed, and no Upgrades. They just want more F/O and Captains at the company, but CAAC wont allow upgrades, and IF allows, OKAir Instructors and Check Airmans are failing almost all crazy foreigners that go there, in a internal battle against management!.
They are having a hard work to find suitable pilots, that, later will fail at Simulator.

Be Advised! It is a Trick!!

Fokkeneejit
22nd Jun 2014, 11:04
Avoiding VOR sounds like a great idea. I am with you on that.

Onesixty2four
25th Jun 2014, 06:48
I have just read the above from Americanzombie. I am working here in China for Juneyao Airlines via Smile Aviation. All that AZ says about OK is exactly the same as for my company/agency. When I joined I was told that I would be online, full salary, within 2-3 months of arrival. Note that prior to arrival I had already done the ATP, medical, etc.

In reality, it took almost 1 year of completely bull##it "training" to reach that goal. The reality was that they had enough Captains at that time, but knew more would be needed in the future. Therefore, leave the new ones on the backboiler on training pay until required.

Also, as AZ says, once you are signed on to an airline here in China, you are stuck with them. So if they lie to you and don't live up to promises, the options are you leave (and never use your CAAC license again) or stick it out. The only reason I opted for the second option was that, by the time I realized what these people were up to, I had already invested a lot of time, money and energy to the contract. Had I known nearer the start, I would have bailed early and never come back (as a friend of mine did when he saw what I had gone through).

If coming to China on contract, all one needs to remember is this - when dealing with the Chinese, if theirs lips are moving there is a good chance they are lying.