PDA

View Full Version : Friends coming into T5 how long

racedo
10th May 2013, 19:35
Trying to get an idea of how long it will take from landing to clear Immigration and Customs at LHR T5 at 6-7am.

Friends arriving with lots of luggage and don't want to wait for hours to pick them up.

Thanks

wiggy
10th May 2013, 19:58
That's probably a question best answered by one of the professional drivers who mill round T5 waiting for their inbound clients, but until one comes along I'll give it a go:.

On a good day, when it all works, you can be off the aircraft and outside T5A with suitcase in less in 15-20 minutes. However 0600-0700 is the morning rush and timing will much depend on where their aircraft ends up parked - if they arrive at T5B or C they'll have fight their way onto the transit train to get to T5A and then there's the unknown wait at immigration. Any major delays there and the bags will beat them to the baggage belt. Personally if I wanted to play it reasonably safe and minimise my own parking/inconvenience I'd be pessimistic and plan on an hour.

racedo
10th May 2013, 20:41
I assummed T5 but having checked on BA it appears its T3............damm.
An hour still sufficient ?

Kiltrash
10th May 2013, 20:56
Dont matter what terminal

Assuming they have a Mobile, you park in the McDonalds on the A4, then they call you when they have got through immigration and with luggage clerared customs and then you come into the airport, park, and go into the terminal and collect them and back out in 30 mins

Unless you want to spend 2+ hours after landing estimate, spend a fortune drinking expensive coffee watching the arrivals board, and still missing them at the meet and greet, and then paying £loads at the car park

My usual trick is to drop the wife off and go out and park till she calls me that she has found them and she brings them back out to the departures drop off point and I pick them all up there

and yes it will be 1+ hour after the plane lands, especially Term3!!

Saintsman
11th May 2013, 18:10
The last couple of times I've gone through T5 at that time (Friday mornings), my bags were waiting for me at the carousel.

Last time my pick-up only had to pay for half an hour in the short term car park.

I've never been longer than an hour from landing and on the M25.

Not that its much help from T3...