PDA

View Full Version : Demotion for flying in China

The FUB
10th May 2013, 13:12
So you are flying in Chinese airspace listening to all sorts of chatter and chaff on the RT next thing you know an invite to the 3rd floor and a demotion (for SOs read the flick) all due a missed call?

Sqwak7700
10th May 2013, 23:56
That is how things work here in China.

Fly747
11th May 2013, 03:45
I understand that in meetings in Guangzhou and Beijing the Chinese have threatened to ban pilots from their airspace who miss calls. How much sympathy would you expect from the 3rd Floor?
I now hit them with frequent "radio check" to keep me safe!

CYRILJGROOVE
11th May 2013, 08:46
good idea FLY747. maybe set a timer for every 9 minutes and do your suggestion. Hopefully that will drive them crazy and they will get of their high horse. Imagine.....you have 27 years of incident free service.....your last flight is thru China.....you miss a radio call by 2 minutes......the Chinese call CX and demand they demote the Captain......and they probably would!!!!

SMOC
11th May 2013, 12:00
Record their random 121.5 crap chat, put it on youtube, eventually someone will catch something useful that will generate a "loss of face".

I've had crew come up and translate, it often has absolutey no relevance to aviation!

And as said its evidence for missing a call, their crap never ends some days!

monster330
11th May 2013, 12:05
Is this a windup or did some poor sod actually get demoted. Just terrible if it's true.

Whether a 2nd sector SO or a 26 year Capt, to be harpooned for a missed radio call, particularly, as has been said, there is constant garbage emanating from all other sources within PRC.

True story??

SMOC
11th May 2013, 12:14
No one got demoted, the point was the mainland take missed ATC calls as serious.

Aviate, navigate, communicate isn't in the same order up there, and they expect other carriers (CX) to take similar action to them for missed calls. (Ie why don't you demote someone for a missed call).

However they clearly don't believe their pilots would use 121.5 as a chat frequency driving the rest of us nuts, and becoming selectively deaf to their calls.

boocs
11th May 2013, 19:14
It's a very hot topic both sides of the freeway (Red side and Green side), and needless to say is not taken lightly. "Radio check" is gold... in my little black book from now on!!

b.

monster330
11th May 2013, 23:20
They are muppets, no doubt

A large economy does not a first world country make.

Complete twats

Yep.....radio check, radio check, say again, say again slowly, radio check....

ASH1111
12th May 2013, 02:51
Absolutely fellas. All aboard. "Radio Check" "Radio Check".

That'll learn 'em. Commies.

jonathon68
13th May 2013, 14:27
But what about the missed calls of Chinese ATC? Or unreadable/incorrect calls. Or the constant use of Mandarin on a specific frequency which is answered by the Controller in Mandarin. (This is against their own rules)

All of the above is reportable, so why not shift the boot to the other foot?

The next time a CX CP gets called to account for a missed reporting point call, he should be able to turn up with a few hundred counter complaints.

This should be true except no one can be bothered.

monster330
14th May 2013, 01:33
Great idea about reporting them. We're too lazy, who is gonna log and report the 17-20 violations on a HKG-PUD sector?

Trouble is, now they have electricity and a voice on the world stage, they think they are always right, and everyone else wrong.

Bit like the US of old...

ASH1111
14th May 2013, 01:54
Did you honestly just compare the US "of old" to CHINA?? I like you man, but get a grip.

You don't want to see a world where the US did not exist. New or old.

Freedom is never wrong. Anywhere.

freightdog188
14th May 2013, 02:17
http://i.imgur.com/plTIrz8.jpg?1

China Flyer
14th May 2013, 03:02
Freightdog: he may well need some freedom delivered, but it ain't going to be by the USSA! (Mind you, Australia doesn't belong there, either).

From Freedom house:

The 49 Most Free Countries in the World

From their research Freedom House determined which countries of the world could be considered the most and least free in terms of political freedom and civil liberties. In all, 49 countries rated a "1" in both political freedom and civil liberties indicating the most free societies in the world, included the following nations:

Andorra
Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Barbados
Belgium
Canada
Cape Verde
Chile
Costa Rica
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Dominca
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Kiribati
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Malta
Marshall Islands
Micronesia
Nauru
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Palau
Poland
Portugal
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Lucia
San Marino
Slovakia
Slovenia
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
Tuvalu
United Kingdom
United States
Uruguay

SMOC
14th May 2013, 03:06
Freedom is never wrong. Anywhere.

And you think the US is free? I can't believe how restricted its residents actually are.

Thank you China you just proved my point, California shuts down at 2am and yes unfortunately Australia should and will come crashing down that list.

Pucka
14th May 2013, 03:14
I will definitely use the ..radio check..call frequently..plus every time I hear the price of vegetables discussion on any frequency..and lets face it, its not just on guard, pop in an ASR..deluge then suffocate!!

stilton
14th May 2013, 06:08
I'm off to Andorra then, oh yeah where the ***** is that :confused:

Seriously, the only thing more ridiculous than Chinese RT are the 'practice pans' in the UK where the Aviation authority allows the deliberate 'clogging' of 121.5 with fake emergencies :eek:

iceman50
14th May 2013, 08:14
Australia wont come crashing down the list unless it has a name change, try alphabetically!:rolleyes:

Liam Gallagher
14th May 2013, 08:46
Freedom House..... Who the :mad: are they?

So a whole bunch of Pacific and Caribbean Island Nations are more free than the UK and Um' erica. Let's choose one.... say... Nauru. I have heard of Nauru, it used to house a Detention Centre for refugees on behalf of Australia. That sounds like a bastion of freedom, However, Wikipedia tells me it has 90% unemployment and of those with a job, 95% are employed by the government. Nauru has the highest rate of obesity and Type II diabetes in the world. Over 90% of the population is obese. That sounds like freedom, 90% unemployed and obese and utterly reliant on the state since birth. But wait, not to worry, the President recently sacked his cabinet and appointed himself as Minister of a number of key parts of government. Dave Cameron can certainly learn something about freedom from them. Perhaps send them Mike Bloomberg to downsize their Cokes, or would that impinge their freedom.

Chile.... Synonymous with freedom... or is it oppression of its citizens by torture? I suppose since Pinochet left, things are all good.

Perhaps all those asylum seekers arriving at Dover should be referred to Freedom House for guidance, as it seems they are running/ sailing in the wrong direction. Give them a map and point them in the direction of Nauru.

It couldn't possibly be that institutions like Freedom House only get funding by being controversial and pandering to those who follow a warped agenda aimed at being overly critical of the US and UK.

Back on thread.... Let's play a game called "Radio Check", I"ll go first.

broadband circuit
14th May 2013, 09:27
Apparently in the distant past (stand by for the old timers to appear out of the ether) on the Classic, a crusty old CX captain in French airspace, every time he heard French being spoken, immediately transmitted something to the effect of "Control, Cathay 261, are you calling us?". As the story goes, the other users tired of this long before he did.

Maybe something similar in mainland airspace might be fun.

ASH1111
14th May 2013, 10:22
I will be the FIRST to admit, that under the current US administration, our freedoms have increasingly come under attack. No argument there.

But, as they say, we may be a pig, but we are still the prettiest pig at the trough.

If we keep spending ourselves into oblivion, we will soon lose our standing. It's already happening.

A Congressman recently said, quite rightly, that our greatest threat to National Security right now, is our debt.

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic. "

-Benjamin Franklin

God help us.

Steve the Pirate
14th May 2013, 10:48
Maybe I'm missing something but does anyone else notice that China Flyer's list seems to be arranged alphabetically? I doubt very much that it's a ranking unless by some cosmic coincidence the list of the countries considered to be the most free has turned out to alphabetical too. Chances? Nil at best and I'm an optimist! So maybe the USA is more free than Nauru.

Now, if the founding fathers had named their new country American United States, then they'd definitely be the top of the list. :)

STP

Oops, apologies iceman, you called it way before I did.

BusyB
14th May 2013, 10:57
Its a list of Cat1 countries, of course it would be alphabetical:}:confused: