PDA

View Full Version : QLink Dash 8 Turbulence - Crew injured TSV/CNS

Cactusjack
10th May 2013, 11:08
Heard tonight that VH-QOD had trouble in either TSV or CNS tonight, a bit of turbulence with 2 crew injured and ferried to hospital.
Details are still sketchy, so could be interesting, then again could be a load of crud.
Perhaps the TSV refueller could enlighten us?

topdrop
10th May 2013, 12:23
1 flight attendant lost consciousness for a while (don't know how long). Both flight attendants bleeding from head wounds - hope it was nothing more serious than that. The crew on the Dash from Weipa stayed behind to assist with deplaning. Understand no pax injured. Best wishes to the cabin crew.
Severe turb was not forecast.

Capt Kremin
10th May 2013, 14:09
It must be catching... a Tiger flight going into MEL declared a Pan this evening after a FA collapsed.

Ejector
11th May 2013, 04:32
Remember the Dash is limited to FL250, they spend all day in the chop.

Josh Cox
11th May 2013, 08:33
To the crew, our thoughts are with you and hope to see you back on deck sooner rather than later.

Tidbinbilla
11th May 2013, 09:00
The topic is a Dash-8 turbulence encounter. Let's stay on topic thanks.

Cactusjack
11th May 2013, 11:57
The last I heard was that both injured crew members were ferried to CNS hospital by QAS upon arrival. Not sure of the extent of the injuries.

Ejector
12th May 2013, 08:28
I agree, many people are wishing the crew the best of luck for a quick recovery.

As a pax, I have never seen the Dash pilots for the red rat not be on the side of caution. Not that I like QFLink though, but in all fairness, it is a high chance of bad luck.