PDA

View Full Version : IE10 and SP1

Zeppelin
9th May 2013, 16:13
Today I was drifting around the internet and came across IE10, now to install IE10 on a windows 7 you need to have SP1 installed as well. So it wouldnt install on my comp.

Now my machine updates automatically and says its up to date but it does not have SP1. I thought the SP included all updates to a certain point and if your machine was up to date then there was no need for the SP?
So now I want to know how can I install it- I know its not vital but just curious...... idle hands and all that!

MacBoero
9th May 2013, 16:23
I think Service Packs are listed under the optional updates part of the online update system, and therefore don't get installed automatically.

Saab Dastard
9th May 2013, 16:58
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows7/install-windows-7-service-pack-1#)

SD

Milo Minderbinder
13th May 2013, 19:59
SP1 is very important and at present you don't have it. I suspect the reason its not been offered to you is that another pre-requisite update is repeatedly failing to install and hampering progress. Check the update history, and if I'm right note the K number of the failed update, then download and install it manually. Hopefully SP1 will then be offered, if its not, then also install it manually from Saab's link.
If it still won't install, post back. You need it. Your "I thought the SP included all updates to a certain point and if your machine was up to date then there was no need for the SP?" is very wrong