PDA

View Full Version : Nigeria and current troubles there

Lonewolf_50
8th May 2013, 15:28
I initially laughed at this (http://www.nbcnews.com/id/51813783/ns/world_news-the_new_york_times/)(see below), but what's going on in Nigeria is hardly a laughing matter. Biggest nation (population) in Africa, oil reserves a plenty, great potential, and plenty of trouble internally.

A number of our colleagues on these boards fly in, or have flown in, Nigeria as part of their profession. Glad it's you, and not me.
MAIDUGURI, Nigeria — A fresh load of battered corpses arrived, 29 of them in a routine delivery by the Nigerian military to the hospital morgue here.
Unexpectedly, three bodies started moving. “They were not properly shot,” recalled a security official here. “I had to call the J.T.F.” — the military’s joint task force — “and they gunned them down.”
No point doing the job unless it's done properly, I suppose. :eek:

bcgallacher
9th May 2013, 00:26
Spent some time in Maiduguri - used to be safer than the south. Lagos was the scariest - went back and forward from the Island to the airport with Israeli trained body guards with AKs or FNs.There was some sort of attempt at our crew bus - fortunately I was on leave but it appears that 1/2 a magazine of 7.62 was the solution. Lots of corpses seen in the sea,in the rivers and beside the road.Made a fair bit of money there but it was hard earned - a truly unpleasant place with few redeeming features.

sitigeltfel
9th May 2013, 04:41
It is Africa. Should you expect any different?

stuckgear
9th May 2013, 06:39
Armpit of the world... and there's some stiff competition for it too!