PDA

View Full Version : Airlines Beware...

Airborne Aircrew
8th May 2013, 00:53
Arriving home tonight from a quick meal out we exited the car to the sound of a light aircraft overhead. The conversation between my six year old daughter and myself went something like this*:-

Daughter: Baba*, I can hear an aeroplane.
Me: Quick let's go see it.... Look, there it is...
Daughter: Wow, that's cool...
Me: Would you like to fly in an aeroplane like that?
Daughter: No
Me: Why not????
Daughter: The food is terrible...

* Baba is Chinese for Dad/dy

** My daughter flew from Nanning to Guangjou as her first flight aged 3 1/2... She then flew from Hong Kong to Detroit direct, (16 hrs). Since then she has done Detroit to Heathrow and back twice so, at six years old she's "getting the hang of it".

Airlines, beware...

:D:D:D

Fliegenmong
8th May 2013, 11:06
He he.....nice one AA!! Get her to start her own blog like this chap...

Plane Talking (http://blogs.crikey.com.au/planetalking/)

He makes for a nice diversion from the folk who relay 'the company line' in exchange for the company goodies.....

bluecode
8th May 2013, 12:01
Out of the mouths of babes. I had to take my youngest to the airport recently due to a lack of babysitters. Left him in the charge of one girls there. It was only a short couple of flights. As I landed I noticed the the airport crash tender racing down the ramp lights flashing. For a second I wondered if I was on fire!

Turned out the firecrew were giving him a trip in one of their enormous vehicles. How jealous was I? Needless to say this was the highlight of his trip to the airport and endlessly recounted.

Later one of the firecrew brought his daughter to show her the aeroplane in a quid pro quo. It was 'No, no daddy, fire engine.' say she pointing to one of the hulking red monsters.

That put me in my place.

500N
8th May 2013, 12:20
All nice stories.

:ok:

Capetonian
8th May 2013, 12:32
I'll never forget, after several trips to and from SA in business class with my son, then aged about 5, when we boarded an easyJet flight and he tried to turn left and couldn't understand why it didn't work!