PDA

View Full Version : Show me the money

phase slag
27th Apr 2002, 22:34
Does anyone know when we (the lucky who qualify) get our retention bonus?

Does all the money get handed out at the begining of the FY that you qualify, or do you have to wait until the month you reach exactly 5 years to go till 38?

Hydraulic Palm Tree
28th Apr 2002, 06:25
I asked our loal blunties this one and they said it was on the pre-anniversary of your IPP, not at the start of the FY.

Only a few months to wait.

HPT :D

Big Green Arrow
28th Apr 2002, 08:43
What are you gonna spend yours on then HPT

Hydraulic Palm Tree
28th Apr 2002, 09:24
BGA

A bit of new furniture and a microlight/small aeroplane. Mrs HPT on side as well!!

HPT

:cool:

Dogstar
28th Apr 2002, 09:37
My blunties reckoned it would be paid out at the beginning of the financial year, although they seemed very hazy about the whole issue.

StopStart
28th Apr 2002, 16:32
Next month - about 23 May I think.

Hydraulic Palm Tree
28th Apr 2002, 19:15
I would be very happy if it was and I have to say that the initial blurb did intimate that it would be paid in May, however, I have asked the Deputy Chief Bluntie at my location and he has said that it is payable on your ipp date - years to go point. I will try and phone Binnsworth tomorrow and clarify.

HPT

Big Green Arrow
28th Apr 2002, 19:49
Well...mine isn't coming 'til next year...what ever it is...still it's free money and as long as it's bigger than link up after tax I'll be happy to take their/our money!

Mrs BGA has her mind on it already....loft conversion to Somerset Cottage..yawn.

StopStart
28th Apr 2002, 20:20
HPT

It's probably all lies and half truths but I'd heard that there a special pay run being done on 23 May to pay out this year's FRIs. Our Sqn Adj has certainly told us that it's payable next month. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.......

phase slag
28th Apr 2002, 21:17
Well that certainly has cleared that one up!!!

yellow and black
29th Apr 2002, 05:54
HPT

How about investing a little of it in a very nice, limited edition, aviation watch?

Y&B

Hydraulic Palm Tree
29th Apr 2002, 06:09
Y & B

Absolutely, but I'll buy that from the lose pocket change that I always carry around!

HPT:cool:

EESDL
29th Apr 2002, 11:50
HPT,BGA
We must be getting similar...sort out one of the cards I suppose.
Have you been assim'd yet? Going to stay or run off to pastures new?

Big Green Arrow
29th Apr 2002, 20:24
Don't get mine 'til next year...what ever it comes to it'll still be free moolah...I was staying 'til 38 min anyway.....fancy a spot of something different on return from my current locstat..so wait and see....a couple of mates (yes I do have some!!) have already offered me some rather lucrative jobs on the outside...but I had to leave now...and no EESDL it wasn't sellimg my posterior...wouldn't get much for it anyhow!...and I've already tried whilst with the Senior Service!