PDA

View Full Version : USAF Sexual assault prevention head charged with sexual assault

Two's in
7th May 2013, 12:01
The USAF Lt Col heading up the sexual assault prevention unit at the Pentagon was charged with sexual assault on Sunday.

A police report says the 41-year-old Krusinski was drunk and grabbed a woman's breast and buttocks. Police say the woman fought him off and called for help.

Air force spokeswoman Natasha Waggoner said Krusinski was removed from his post in the sexual assault unit after the air force learned of his arrest. He had started in the job in February.

US air force sexual assault prevention unit chief charged with sexual battery | World news | guardian.co.uk (http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/07/us-airforce-officer-charged-groping)

Courtney Mil
7th May 2013, 12:06
That should read 'USAF Sexual assault prevention CRANIUM charged with sexual assault'.

Genstabler
7th May 2013, 12:24
I suppose he couldn't consider himself qualified for the job until he'd tried it himself.

Courtney Mil
7th May 2013, 12:59
And, surely, he was drunk so it doesn't really count?

SASless
7th May 2013, 13:09
Hands on Leadership?

Ian Corrigible
7th May 2013, 14:19
It's like goldy and bronzy, only it's made out of iron.

I/C

onetrack
7th May 2013, 14:28
You blokes have got it all wrong. When you're head of Sexual Assault prevention, it isn't sexual assault. Read my lips - "I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman!". :suspect:

brickhistory
7th May 2013, 16:22
USAF Chief of Staff was previously scheduled to appear at a Congressional hearing today - part of the regular appropriations spring games.

This happened yesterday.

Can you imagine the phone call last night?

"Hey, boss? Listen..."

LowObservable
7th May 2013, 17:30
The guy looks as if he tried to motorboat Grendel's mom. Either the victim or her frinds jacked him up pretty good before the cops showed up.

Not that the :mad: didn't deserve it.

SASless
7th May 2013, 17:46
Whoa....hold the Horses!

Air force spokeswoman Natasha Waggoner said Krusinski was removed from his post in the sexual assault unit after the air force learned of his arrest. He had started in the job in February.

I knew Sexual Assaults were on the rise (sorry....poor choice of wording) in the Military....but do they have a unit with a mission task of "Sexual Assault"?

Plain to see Mission Failure is not tolerated in the Air Force these days.

Bevo
7th May 2013, 17:50
You have to watch out for those females with military training:

U.S. female sailor beats Dubai rapist bus driver into submission

An off-duty U.S. navy sailor wrestled a Dubai bus driver to the ground and beat him into submission after he tried to rape her at knifepoint on Jan. 19, a courtroom heard Wednesday.

The woman, 28, was on 24-hour shore leave in Dubai when she was attacked by a bus driver after he picked her up from the Mall of the Emirates shopping center.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/ (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/25/us-female-sailor-beats-dubai-rapist-bus-driver-sub/)

BEagle
7th May 2013, 19:02
Good for her - that bastard deserved a lot worse than:
"She knocked the knife from his hand, broke it in two, bit him in the hand, forced him to the ground and locked him between her thighs."

'No' means 'no' - in any language. End of.........

500N
7th May 2013, 19:15
Bevo

I read that somewhere else and thought "well done" to her.

Wander00
7th May 2013, 19:30
Arab state - she'll be the one in the nick. But very well done her

SASless
7th May 2013, 19:58
Must be some real thighs!:E

500N
7th May 2013, 20:07
Wander

I read that she made it back to the ship.

And don't US service personnel get dealt with
by US service police and not the locals ?

SASless
7th May 2013, 20:48
The Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) between the United States and another Country determines who handles what in these cases. For the US Navy, the Naval Criminal Investigative Service (NCIS) would investigate the incident. Every Aircraft Carrier has an Agent or Agents assigned from NCIS. NCIS maintains overseas offices as well. I did five years with NCIS.

Local Police would also conduct their standard investigation and could file charges in their Court System. The US Navy tries to shift the matter into their own system whenever possible.

NutLoose
7th May 2013, 21:03
One hopes we will be kept abreast of the situation with Krusinski.

SASless
7th May 2013, 21:25
I am sure the media will be groping for a statement from him.....but I fear he will be the butt of more than a few jokes.

500N
7th May 2013, 21:29
He could give them a bum steer.

Shack37
7th May 2013, 21:57
"She knocked the knife from his hand, broke it in two, bit him in the hand,
forced him to the ground and locked him between her thighs."

I got the impression this was exactly what he wanted.

500N
7th May 2013, 22:01
"I got the impression this was exactly what he wanted."

Except I think he expected his head to be the other way round
and not shoved into the dirt face down :O

NutLoose
7th May 2013, 22:01
Erm depends on how long she had been at sea.... It may not have been a fresh sea breeze he was inhaling..

NutLoose
7th May 2013, 22:05
As for the Lt Colonel, it sounds as if he was so drunk he decided it was time to go on the Waggoner..

PingDit
7th May 2013, 22:11
Hang on just a minute... ...'head of the sexual assault unit'
So what's he done wrong?

Lonewolf_50
7th May 2013, 22:52
Why was she alone?

On liberty, usually it's the buddy system at work. It became mandatory in some fleets, but I suppose things can change.

/used to be a Shore Patrol Officer (not good duty, but it got you off of the ship)

GreenKnight121
7th May 2013, 23:45
In most Muslim-dominated nations an unaccompanied woman is legally at fault if she is raped, because she put herself in a situation where she didn't have a male protector or an adult female companion.

West Coast
8th May 2013, 00:01
That's all(ah) good and well, but in an Arab society, imagine the shame of the bus driver when his buds finds find out he got his ass kicked by a women.

BEagle
8th May 2013, 07:37
...imagine the shame of the bus driver when his buds finds find out he got his ass kicked by a women...

Didn't something like that happen during Op. Desert Shield? The story we heard was that a couple of Saudi 'religious police' forced a truck driven by a young US female soldier to a halt; women not being permitted to drive in Saudi Arabia.

The young lady, seeing two arabs in civilian clothes walking towards her vehicle, was having none of it and sent them packing, care of a burst from her M-16 over their heads and a few choice words.

No doubt the incident never made the 'religious police' log....:rolleyes:

BDiONU
8th May 2013, 08:08
You have to watch out for those females with military training:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/ (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/apr/25/us-female-sailor-beats-dubai-rapist-bus-driver-sub/)
Poor reporting, she was from a merchant vessel Woman sailor thwarts Dubai rape attempt with leg stranglehold - The National (http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/courts/woman-sailor-thwarts-dubai-rape-attempt-with-leg-stranglehold)
Also the driver will be VERY severly dealt with out here before being sent back home. Whatever you may think of the arabs, certainly in Dubai, rape is a very serious offence and he's likely to get 15 years in prison just for the attempt. Prisons here are not like European ones or North America. But you still get plenty of sex :}

sisemen
8th May 2013, 09:15
Media beat up. Haven't they heard of On the Job Training?

Two's in
15th May 2013, 12:52
Clearly the above case was an isolated incident. This morning's report about a US Army Sergeant responsible for preventing sexual assaults allegedly running a prostitution ring as well as committing sexual assault is unrelated.

Fort Hood assault prevention chief under investigation (http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/05/14/fort-hood-sexual-assault-pentagon-investigation-prostitution/2159685/)

Also last week: The Pentagon estimated that sexual assaults surged 35% from 2010 to 2012, totaling 26,000. "Tragically, the depth of the sexual assault problem in our military was already overwhelmingly clear before this latest highly disturbing report," said Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., chairman of the Armed Services Committee.

SASless
15th May 2013, 14:26
Of course the Politicians blithely skip over the number that are found to be false reports....which does not excuse misconduct but does mitigate the sheer size of the problem a bit.

Ancient History tells me this sort of thing was warned about when the Military was forced to undertake the "feminization" of the military forces....much against their will.

But then....Human Nature and Liberal Politics are what they are....no matter how they get disguised.

Al R
16th May 2013, 11:45
Didn't this happen with us a few years ago, a senior officer was involved.. I can't remember the name.. erm, Grope Captain somebody or another.

lj101
16th May 2013, 11:54
Of course the Politicians blithely skip over the number that are found to be false reports....which does not excuse misconduct but does mitigate the sheer size of the problem a bit.

Of course some people don't actually report sexual assault / harassment etc (from either gender) so I suggest the numbers are pretty much unknown.

Finningley Boy
16th May 2013, 19:09
Up to this point I wonder if he was doing a good job? I should imagine the training schedule for Heads of the Sexual Misconduct prevention Branch will now be reviewed. Or it might happen again.

FB