PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian and tax

lear999wa
5th May 2013, 17:21
I am considering applying to NAS as a contract pilot on the 737. Does anyone have any knowledge of the tax liabilities of NAS contract pilots based and living in Spain? On the grape vine I heard that contract pilots based in Spain could potentaly be tax liable in Norway and thus not in Spain.
Any constructive information is more the welcome.
Thanks

A and C
5th May 2013, 18:41
The whole situation is confused by the inability of the EU tax system to be able to cope with people living on one place and working from another.

The only thing I can say for sure is if you live & are based in Spain the is where you SHOULD pay your tax.........the Norwegian authority's are likely to have little interest in you.

hunterboy
5th May 2013, 18:44
I wouldn't recommend basing yourself in Spain anymore. The new form 720 is the start of a general European crackdown.

TypeIV
5th May 2013, 19:13
On the other hand you will have nice money on your hand in an enviroment where cost of living, labor, intrest rates, luxury etc will dive :ooh:

Expo757
6th May 2013, 09:23
I am in the same situation as Lear999WA, considering applying to Norwegian.

Anybody able to give me an approximate figure about the gross pay for a contract First Officer?

Also what about command upgrades. Does Norwegian upgrade FO's and what are the requirements please?

Regards

A and C
6th May 2013, 09:45
Perhaps this link to a document issued by the Spanish govenment may help to clarify the tax issues raised by the form 720.

http://www.minhap.gob.es/Documentacion/Publico/GabineteMinistro/Notas%20Prensa/News%20in%20English/15-11-12%20bienes%20y%20derechos%20extranjero.pdf

1000ft Cruiser
6th May 2013, 14:31
Another one interested in the contract FO position here.

I noticed on the advert they have spaces in LPA, HEL, LGW, ALC, AGP. Anyone know how popular these bases are within the airline? As a Brit I'd very much be interested in the LGW base but I'm not sure how likely I would be to get it if I got in.

I'd also be interested in any comparisons between NAS and a certain low cost Irish airline from anyone who has worked for both.