PDA

View Full Version : For the love of dog - Bill Foundation

stuckgear
5th May 2013, 07:46
This may probably generate a some anti-american wails of sentimentalism.. for those that do, get over yourselves.

z7SKnTHit4M&list=PL32lNSyotf5Fhc10-wyJrR7C4zlkzhuBc&index=4

as posted in the much mailgned daily mail.. Road to recovery: The heartwarming video of the puppy who wouldn't let anyone near her learning to trust humans again | Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2319054/Road-recovery-The-heartwarming-video-puppy-wouldnt-let-near-learning-trust-humans-again.html)

This is the moment when a rescue puppy so terrified of people she would snarl and snap at anyone who came near her, finally learns to trust a human again.
Janie came in to a Los Angeles animal shelter with a broken back after being hit by a car, and was so scared of people touching her that she had to be sedated before a vet could take a look at her.
A majority of puppies like Janie are euthanized because shelters simply do not have the funding and resources to care for them, but she was given a second chance by a dog rescue organisation determined to give her a second chance.

mixture
5th May 2013, 07:50
stuckgear,

There are thousands of animal rescue organisations around the world, all doing excellent work, all no doubt encountering challenging cases such as these.

What makes this one such a big deal ?

Me thinks its nothing more than an animal rescue centre with a good PR company.

gunbus
5th May 2013, 07:55
Thanks stuckgear, you get my vote for posting this sad but heartwarming item,how it could cause anti American sentiments I don't no, there is more than enough cruelty inflicted on animals in this so called animal loving nation,including the government with it's policy of badger culling. :ok:

Capetonian
5th May 2013, 08:29
Excellent and very nice to wake up to on a Sunday morning. These foundations do such good work although I can't but wonder if we shouldn't put as much effort into our relations with fellow human beings, but then so many of the latter aren't worth the effort and as Mark Twain said : "The more I know people, the more I love my dog".

how it could cause anti American sentiments I don't noI suppose if someone is anti-American then they'll find a reason to trot that out in anything, it's a bit like the old race card. If you say you don't like Indian food someone will accuse you of being racist!

OFSO
5th May 2013, 10:07
The 'Municipales' here last month found on the roadside a white Jack Russel which had been chucked out of a car between Empuriabrava and Roses. Covered in bites and scratches, dehydrated and starving, it might have been used for dog fights.

They took it to ProGat, the animal shelter, where it was cleaned up and chipped, and promptly adopted by friends of mine, one of whose two Jack Russels had recently died. A lovely friendly personality, it's been accepted by everyone, including the older Jack Russel.

Happens everywhere they are swine who mistreat animals and lovely people who adopt them.

sitigeltfel
5th May 2013, 10:17
"The more I know about people, the better I like my dog."

-- Mark Twain

DX Wombat
5th May 2013, 11:19
We have a brilliant Border Collie Rescue (Freedom of Spirit Trust for Border Collies) a few miles away. Now a permanent resident there, when Moss arrived he was so terrified by his past experiences that if anyone looked at or spoke to him he would wee and pooh all over himself. He had no idea what a bed was then once he was used to one, for a very long time refused any bedding in it. He will never be able to be rehomed but has a safe home for the rest of his life and each evening the person who owns the centre goes into his pen and sits and talks to him. He has been there for more than two years now and a couple of months ago there was great excitement as he almost took a treat from her hand. Maybe one day he will trust her sufficiently to do so and that would be wonderful.