PDA

View Full Version : WOTG Oooops

Top Bunk Tester
4th May 2013, 14:06
Occurred yesterday, 4 POB no injuries

http://i932.photobucket.com/albums/ad168/Gadget_Meister/null_zpsc50ae2a2.jpg

sisemen
4th May 2013, 15:03
It's a muslim aircraft and it was time for prayers.

GGR
4th May 2013, 15:14
Come the enquiry he wont have a leg to stand on.......

spectre150
4th May 2013, 15:17
TBT, brings to mind a Skyvan incident at Weston a few years back - maybe 5 or 6 years. Cant remember if you were there that day but the Skyvan bounced hard enough to seriously bend the undercarriage and Ash sent it off to Kidlington so it didn't black Weston.

Glad no one was hurt.

CoffmanStarter
4th May 2013, 15:21
Nah ... Ex Harrier Pilot trying to do the "bowing" thing :E

skydiver69
4th May 2013, 15:57
TBT, brings to mind a Skyvan incident at Weston a few years back - maybe 5 or 6 years. Cant remember if you were there that day but the Skyvan bounced hard enough to seriously bend the undercarriage and Ash sent it off to Kidlington so it didn't black Weston.

It's the same aeroplane at the same location but happened when the pilot was flying civi skydivers at a boogie.

P6 Driver
4th May 2013, 17:16
Here's one they did earlier...

Air Accidents Investigation: Shorts SC.7 Skyvan, G-BEOL (http://www.aaib.gov.uk/publications/bulletins/july_2009/shorts_sc_7_skyvan__g_beol.cfm)

swingy1
7th May 2013, 18:18
Dont think the AAIB will get involved as no one was hurt.

The MAA might as its on military land and contracted to the military and had PJIs on board.

spectre150
8th May 2013, 03:06
skydiver69 - I was at manifest that day and witnessed the Skyvan bounce. Trying to figure out who you are - I promise not to out you :)

West Coast
8th May 2013, 03:15
That's the shipping container, but where's the plane that came in it?

airborne_artist
8th May 2013, 06:43
Dont think the AAIB will get involved as no one was hurt.

The Commander should know the definition of an Accident and Serious incident (http://www.aaib.gov.uk/reporting_an_accident/definition_of_accident_and_serious_incident.cfm) and report the incident (http://www.aaib.gov.uk/reporting_an_accident/index.cfm) in the standard format.

It's up the the AAIB as to what action they then take. Looking at the picture it's impossible to tell.

skydiver69
8th May 2013, 07:46
skydiver69 - I was at manifest that day and witnessed the Skyvan bounce. Trying to figure out who you are - I promise not to out you

I wasn't there but read about it on UKS then looked up the AAIB report when it came out. I have also jumped out of BEOL and PIGY on numerous occasions but at Langar when they used to be regular visitors.

JetMender
8th May 2013, 17:19
Can virtually guarantee AAIB will be involved in such an incident.

NutLoose
8th May 2013, 19:11
I remember the one at Cranfield, he used to try and beat his ex pax to the ground, during one rapid descent the glass in his watch decided it couldn't keep up with the rapid pressure change and popped.

swingy1
14th May 2013, 18:55
The AAIB report is incorrect, the pilot clearly made a false report.
Its states;
'The pilot reports that he was making an approach to Weston-on-the-Green after a flight from Manston. The aircraft developed a rapid rate of sink in the final stages and this resulted in a heavy landing. The aircraft then veered abruptly to the right and the pilot executed a ‘go-around’.

He was not making an approach from Manston, he had been flying at Weston all weekend at the UKS Boogie. Probably made 30+ flights before the accident :=
His approach was after he performed a go around, due to parachutists in the air and on the runway he was landing on.
He was still in the turn from the go around when he lost height and landed very heavily on just the right undercarriage.
The plane does not veer to the right as he claims and literally bounces back into the air!
There is a video attached of him flying at the Boogie all weekend and then the heavy landing in the last 15 seconds of the video!

Weston Boogie - July 2008 - YouTube

See what you think!

swingy1
14th May 2013, 19:33
The AAIB report says...

'The aircraft had flown 2,414 hours over 4,985 flights since the Service Bulletin had been carried out. It appears likely that the recorded maintenance work, or subsequent undocumented maintenance work, did not include completion of the wirelocking task'.

What does 'subsequent undocumented maintenace work' mean?

So after 5,000 flights, without the wirelock, the undercarriage finally gave in! Not surprised landing like that! :hmm:

NutLoose
14th May 2013, 21:37
It probably means that it may have been locked at the time, but 2,414 hours without being noticed or work being carried out on the gear they surmise some work at some point may have been done but illegally not recorded. After all you would inspect the gear on maintainence.

swingy1
15th May 2013, 07:31
The AAIB report is incorrect regarding the flight history.

It says the aircraft was on approach after a flight from Manston. The plane had been flying at Weston that weekend and arrived on the Friday, not the Sunday. He had made 30+ flights at Weston before his mishap.

He was actually was on approach after a go around because of parachutists in the air and on the runway at Weston.
The pilot made a tight circuit and was still in the turn when he lost altitude and whilst still right wing down landed very heavily on the right wheel.
The aircraft did not veer abruptly to the right but simply bounced back into the air.

The video below shows the approach and subsequent heavy landing.
The last 15 seconds shows the landing. Whoops!

Weston Boogie - July 2008 - YouTube