PDA

View Full Version : Amateur Boxing

Fliegenmong
4th May 2013, 11:08
Just came back from watching the Amateur fights.....

Welcome to the Official Boxing Queensland Website (http://www.qabai.org/index.html)

Not something I would ordinarily attend, but our Boxercise instructor was fighting and it was nearby tonight, so off I went..

Our guy lost ... :{ ....the poor kid really hates losing, but he bounces back! :ok:

In training he puts us through hell, and we're all well knackered, but he just keeps bouncing around, endless energy, jumping about, literally bouncing araound crazy energy ,and the loveliest guy you'd ever hope to meet.

Anyway these amateur fights are 'Just' 3 x 3 min rounds.......was the endless energy man well and truly f&*ked after that!!! Just goes to show how much it takes it out of you!!

Milo Minderbinder
4th May 2013, 11:10
Boxercise ain't the same as boxing
Anyone who believes otherwise and thinks the exercise will make him a fighter is a feckwit. A feckwit who is going to get badly hurt

KAG
4th May 2013, 11:26
Yes exactly. I have been practicing chinese boxing for years but with a personal instructor (a local champion) and fully protected to be able to work and keep my medical without too much risks. In this case this is more a sport, that happens to be boxing, than fighting.
That is still a very interesting way to practice sport.

The Postman continues to go to the gym since he left school because nobody told him it was not mandatory anymore.

Milo Minderbinder
4th May 2013, 11:36
The Postman Pats Cat is likely to be run over by a truck soon and turned into a Frisbee

cattletruck
4th May 2013, 11:42
A long time mate of mine is an amateur boxer, it takes years of training to get to a level to fight competently in a ring. Although he's not super bright he makes up for it with a unique sense of humour and a heart of gold. He's approaching his 40's now and is still incredibly fit, I wish I was that fit.

Also great the Mick Gatto is a supporter of young emerging boxers in the boxing scene in Melbourne too.

Fliegenmong
4th May 2013, 11:47
Oh yeah I know Milo!! I really do enjoy the Boxercise, and belting the heavy bag, ducking and dodging it etc is great, works all the muscle groups, and cardio as well, it's an hour of really hard work, after which you feel physically exhausted (in a good way)....:ok:....BUT..........there ain't no way known on God's Earth would you ever catch me even entertaining the idea of actually stepping in the ring with someone!!:eek:

Our Boxercise instructor is however a fighter.....and despite tonight's loss, actually beat the opponent last time they fought!

I guess the point I make is that you don't realise how much the 'Hits' take it out of you, I have never seen this bloke 'stuffed' before, yet tonight instead of bounding about with boundless energy after the fight, he was sprawled out in a chair....

I'l go watch him again! Good luck to him!

Fliegenmong
4th May 2013, 11:49
Yeah, you've got me KAG, WTF about the postman???

KAG
4th May 2013, 11:57
Milo: The Postman Pats Cat is likely to be run over by a truck soon and turned into a Frisbee You are inspired by Postman Pat cat, TV serie for kids? You are not only funny, you are adorable too :)

More seriously, thread about boxing... Are you practicing right now, or am I the only one?
You guys tell each other how to do, but are just TV boxing experts right?
I agreed with you, and this is how you talk?

If this is because of capetonian, don't worry about that I have my reasons.

The Postman is so young that when he was younger he was not born.

KAG
4th May 2013, 12:02
FliegenmongYeah, you've got me KAG, WTF about the postman???

I will sign my posts as long as I want as long the mods agree, like it or not.

pprune is the most famous aviation forum in the world, and I am the poster with the most post in the history of pprune. I am the biggest aviation forum poster in the world.

Now back to boxing, sport that it seems I am the only one to practice in this thread until now.

I AM THE POSTMAN LIKE IT OR NOT.

Fliegenmong
4th May 2013, 12:41
"and I am the poster with the most post in the history of pprune. I am the biggest aviation forum poster in the world."

Err, good luck to you Son....I guess

The 'Postman' didn't figure out it wasn't mandatory anymore :confused:

So what's 'KAG' supposed to stand for anyway??

cattletruck
4th May 2013, 12:54
I am the poster with the most post in the history of PPRuNe

Ahh the revelation, you are indeed the POSTMAN man KAG.

Cross your fingers and pray that the mythological PPRuNe gods and godesses never strike off your account and revert you to the beginning of creation.

For I am the all new and improved cattletruck Mk II, though most fail to see any improvement.

Milo Minderbinder
4th May 2013, 14:41
http://www.beano.com/media/493492/gnashersletters_article.jpg

Torque Tonight
4th May 2013, 17:03
I am the biggest aviation forum poster in the world.

I wish I had a chat up line like that. The girls must go wild. :8

Milo Minderbinder
5th May 2013, 08:48
And indeed the pprune gods and goddesses have struck
KAG has been deposted

I.R.PIRATE
5th May 2013, 08:54
Shame. Must hurt.

....was the postman

Cacophonix
5th May 2013, 09:11
I enjoyed amateur boxing as a youngster until I got above myself and was knocked out. A most painful experience. I didn't like that at all and took up rugby instead.

Boxing is a great sport but hell you have to be fit to survive.

Caco

cattletruck
5th May 2013, 11:21
Not to worry KAG, there is always a spare seat at Dionysus's table after the knock-out punch.