PDA

View Full Version : Qinetiq = Insecurity Contractor

Milo Minderbinder
3rd May 2013, 17:11
'Chinese' attack sucks secrets from US defence contractor ? The Register (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/05/02/china_us_hacking_qinetiq_apt/)

arcniz
4th May 2013, 07:45
Pride Goeth Before a Fall, eh Milo?

Cocksure and secure may rhyme ok, but do not go very well together in practice.

VP959
4th May 2013, 10:12
They used to be my employer, back when they were owned by the government and were the major part of the UK defence research labs. From the moment that they were privatised you could see the way that the senior management team were going; they were incredibly good at pulling the wool over the eyes of government and extorting large amounts of money for very little. They were, of course, aided and abetted in this by incompetent government oversight.

It doesn't surprise me in the least to see that they haven't invested in internal security, it was a risk that was identified many years ago with work they were doing here. It seemed clear that profit was overruling common sense in many areas of their business, a great shame as they had some very good people working for them at one time.

Capetonian
4th May 2013, 10:34
I am rather wary of saying too much on a public forum as they are rather a pervasive entity. Having had peripheral involvement with them, and now happily distanced from them, I can agree entirely with the posting above.