PDA

View Full Version : The Denpasar refueler reckons............

Eastwest Loco
2nd May 2013, 14:38
Hi folks

A client is at me over non stop ADL DPS services. He has the normal "reliable" SLF inside info, just like the receptionist at my Doctors office who was convinced EK was coming to DPO, codeshare being a concept her one neuron could not download.

Nothing in schedules, nobody knows nuffin where I have the ability to ask.

Is this something in the pipeline or has the DPS refueler been talking to his counterpart in TSV?:}

Best regards

EWL

ad-astra
2nd May 2013, 16:02
Um...I have operated ADL-DPS about a year ago at least most likely a lot longer ago and will be doing so next week.
A simple enquiry on VA web site for ADL-DPS will answer all your questions.

Try VA4195...If I'm wrong I'm walking...

UnderneathTheRadar
2nd May 2013, 23:13
EK was coming to DPO

Cant see a 777 or 380 getting the pavement concession...

myshoutcaptain
2nd May 2013, 23:17
Announcement soon :ok:

my oleo is extended
3rd May 2013, 01:26
There is only one accurate and robust reporter of airport gossip and that is the Townsville refueller. Unless the information came from him I would treat said rumour with caution. Unless of course it was the Townsville refueller who told the Denpasar refueller who told.................

porch monkey
3rd May 2013, 05:37
As Ad Astra said, VA been doing it for at least 2 years that I can remember. You're not normally that slow EWL?:eek:

framer
3rd May 2013, 06:29
Announcement by who Myshout?

MELKBQF
3rd May 2013, 06:38
VA have been operating ADL-DPS since June 09.

Eastwest Loco
3rd May 2013, 09:39
Porch Monkquois

I was aware of the DJ service, just omitted the JQ in the question - but you are right - I can be accused of vague and indeed have a Masters degree in it.

Oleo

Yes - the TSV refueller is the Associated press of information, but was rostered off so what do you do? As you would be aware 200,000 Rupes buys viable and correct information out Ngurah Rai.

:}Anybody in places of importance in Indo are of course the finest money can buy.:}

Best all

EWL

training wheels
3rd May 2013, 12:07
As you would be aware 200,000 Rupes buys viable and correct information out Ngurah Rai.

I think you mean Rupiah .. LOL ..

Anyway, for what it's worth, Garuda used to do DPS-ADL-MEL awhile back with an A330 .. I know for sure because I flew that route a number of times in the past with GA.

Ted Nugent
3rd May 2013, 13:42
SIN-ADL-SIN with Singapore based metal?

Eastwest Loco
3rd May 2013, 13:54
Yep TW

I do know it is Rupiah - known generally within the surfing community as "Rupes". Great currency - a mates wife asked for some money to go shopping and he asked "how much". She said 2 inches.. That was the depth of the wad that was handed over in 20k notes which was all the Seminyak ATM units would deliver.

I have done the DPS ADL MEL run with GA at the end of an "educational"' Had a great night out at the Sari Club too - one of my favourite haunts before the sods got at it. Anyone who blows up my pub of choice in any city can be assured that the 70 virgins will be nuns with bolt cutters.

90 minutes late out of DPS and on time into ADL.

There was a great deal of throttle used on all sectors of the flight.

DC10 equipment and what a magnificent aeroplane! She roared all the way to ADL.

GA has screwed up the schedules from October on though with the reopening of the London run. For reasons known only unto themselves they have severed all internal connections within Asia in favour of the connection to London.

There goes all my Padang and Medan oncarriage with them. It isn't only them, but bunches of other internal connections within Asia that go West.

I guess cleaning a mat with your head and downward force 5 times a day must loosen some connections in the end.

Ah - well - can't tell some people what is good for them.

best all

EWL

Eastwest Loco
3rd May 2013, 14:14
SQ are already there with A330-300 equipment daily Ted

Regards

EWL

Wizofoz
3rd May 2013, 15:13
Cant see a 777 or 380 getting the pavement concession...

EK also have A330s, and yes it has been rumoured as a destination.

Dubai-Phuket is doing gangbusteres, Dubai- Adeleide? Meh- patchy.

So DXB_DEN_ADL doesn't seem like a stretch.

Eastwest Loco
3rd May 2013, 16:10
DBX DPO may however be a little of a stretch thouigh.

Disembarkation would have to be at the Kit Kat Cafe in East Devonport or at the Shearwater takeaway depending on wind direction.

If it was Westerly weather you would need your human/bogan dictionary to understand a single word.

The Kit Kat quite hosts wedding receptions.

The bride is the one in the clean singlet.

EWL

Blackdog320
3rd May 2013, 23:21
According to the inflight mag, subject to approval, JQ start doing DPS-ADL and Perth-Lombok from mid July.

ditzyboy
3rd May 2013, 23:36
Lombok is an interesting move. National Jet offered scheduled services from Darwin for a short time in the mid-90s.

cloudsurfng
4th May 2013, 00:15
DPS refueler also reckons VA are struggling and may have to go to the market for a capital raising soon.....:ooh:

CharlieLimaX-Ray
4th May 2013, 01:30
EWL, why deal with these foreign types, when little Billy the DPO refueller can give you all the gossip, information and betting tips required!

Eastwest Loco
4th May 2013, 23:20
Little Billy eh Charlie.

Now you are dating yourself (and me for that matter)!

It's been many a year since Billy pumped bang water and he has indeed lived a life that one may call "interesting"':ooh:

Still see him occasionally.

Regards EWL

jarden
5th May 2013, 14:17
This is the funiest thread thats been on here for a while.
Sounds like a great job being a refueler.

Good for ADL if can get JQ INTL flights save them going via DRW.
Another one they could go at is ADL-AKL/CHC/ZQN.

piston broke again
6th May 2013, 00:53
Cloud surfing...
DPS is the #1 VA money maker so no - definitely not struggling. Coming into peak season too. Just upgraded to full service on these routes as a point of differentiation with JQ so I'm sure it won't be long until QF wander back to this playing field, much the same way as the Goldy rebirth.

*Lancer*
7th May 2013, 00:23
Lombok isn't that unusual... Have heard rumours about Air Asia doing it for a while - maybe even with 330s. Local businesses are bracing for the Bali effect.

Strange that the inflight mag has the two new routes printed, but no announcements.

ASY68
7th May 2013, 01:46
Which ones? If your talking about BDB and MOV they have been well publicised.

Townsville Refueller
7th May 2013, 23:14
Not sure whether or not I know the Denpasar Refueler :confused:, however IF he is a genuine Refueller like me of course you can believe anything he says, as you always can with me. :ok: