PDA

View Full Version : Problems after upgrade

clicker
2nd May 2013, 04:18
Hi Folks,

Just upgraded my case, motherboard and CPU and in general the upgrade was OK.

I put in my old drives, RAM etc then booted up and it worked OK just requiring the new systems drivers etc.

I run a dual boot system of WIN XP (32 bit) and WIN 7 (64 bit). The old system ran on the regular type of BOIS but the new system runs on its replacement UEFI.

I have two slight problems since then.

1/ Under he WIN XP mode a database I have now takes nearly 10 mins to run a sub routine that under the older system took just over a minute. I seem to recall this happening before and priviously finding either something in the BOIS or running system which when turning on (or off) made all the difference but I can't remember what or where it was. Any suggesions please?

2/ UEFI seems to sod my IDE drives about in that if I boot up 3times out of 4 it says "A disk read error occurred cntl alt del and try again". This I'm almost certain is a BOIS setting hiccup but cant find out where and I don't really want to reformat and start again. Have to say the maual is not too forth coming. It tells you what setting you can have but nothing else about what they do etc. So once agin any suggestions please.

If it helps I have 4 SSD sata drives, all checked and show no error when spun thru the checking system for either OS. Also checked and swapped the SATA leads around. No change afterwards. I changed from an AMD 1090T CPU running on a 980FX motherboard to a 990FX running a AMD FX-8350 CPU. Oh and I did speak to the people who supplied the stuff. They said reformat and try again but where unable to answer when I suggested it was the BOIS as the system was not getting passed the intial start up before running the OG part.

Cheers Ron