PDA

View Full Version : Last minute BRNC advice

nick21
27th Apr 2002, 11:52
Hi,

Heading down to sunny Dartmouth next Sunday (5th) to start at BRNC. Does anyone have any genuine top-tips or advice (aside from the usual 'don't pick the soap up in the shower, golden rivets blah blah....!!') to make the days just fly-by and make life generally much easier?!? i.e. extra things to take, do when I get there etc...

A first term consisting of 13 Weeks of fun in the sun apparently..... hmmmm..... perhaps not! Still, can't wait!! :cool:

WE Branch Fanatic
27th Apr 2002, 11:56
I will be joining the RN soon myself, though not as an Officer.....yet.

Take extra underwear, towels etc, so you can keep one lot special for inspections.

Good Luck.

Talking Radalt
27th Apr 2002, 17:42
Do what everyone's else has done for years.....
Go along as well prepared as possible.
Get told you've done it all wrong and are the worst the staff have ever seen.
Accept that you could prepare for a whole year before hand and still get it all wrong.
Shoulder the unfounded criticism, complete the course then return to the real world.
Face it. There are no short cuts. Whatever you do to try and stay one jump ahead of the staff, they have seen it all before and will only let you get half a jump ahead before finding fault with something.
:rolleyes:

Professor Fog
28th Apr 2002, 11:19
Have one set of special underwear for inspection !?! Did I miss something at Dartmouth ???

STANDTO
28th Apr 2002, 15:05
Dont do as I did in a slack moment at cranwell and divide your monthly paycheck by number of hours effectively worked. In 1988 it worked out about 50 p per hour

Chris Kebab
28th Apr 2002, 18:02
..and don't forget that other good old Cranwell trick.

If everything starts going a bit pear-shaped take a dive on the parade square with your highest heels on, always good for a few bob and a rapid graduation....allegedly.

You needn't actually take the high heels with you - standard issue down there I am led to believe.:)