PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth Not Loading

OFSO
1st May 2013, 14:04
A couple of weeks ago Google Earth (which I use at least once a month when bored - that is me, not Google Earth what's bored) stopped loading when I called it up. Gets as far as the globe, half way thru it locks solid, mouse etc, nothing moves, cannot access XP, have to power PC off. So I uninstalled it.

Tried it again today, checked GE still functions on XP (they say), reinstalled it, it came up with all my original settings, got half way thru bringing up the picture of the globe and once again, locked my PC up solid. Once again I have uninstalled it.

Still functions perfectly on the other junior system running WIN-7.

Any ideas ? Is this a universal problem ? XP no longer supported ?

vulcanised
1st May 2013, 14:15
I have given up on GE recently (also XP).

First it wanted me to do some updates, then it just wouldn't work, but no lockups.

Something else 'improved' ?

Load Toad
1st May 2013, 14:23
Mostly now I use Google Maps - for finding stuff. GE - I have a pretty fast computer & in HK a very fast connection - but I find GE a jerky beast to deal with. And frankly too many options to fuss over. a GE Lite would be lovely.

OFSO
1st May 2013, 14:34
Silly me. I should have looked further down the page and would have seen it's a 'known' problem. Still works perfecty on me tablet, though.

Yes indeedy, another improvement we didn't need. I suppose the final version of Microsoft's OS will be completely unuseable instead of only partially and they will claim nirvana has been achieved. Although if their next step after that is to recycle '98 I won't complain.