PDA

View Full Version : Sending my "file" to another EASA civil authority

Dewoitine
30th Apr 2013, 18:05
Hello,
Can anyone tell me how is the procedure to move my "folder" from the spanish civil aviation authorities to the english CAA or to any other country? To explain myself, what I want is to move there all my "files" and that the UK CAA becomes my new authority for renewals...etc. Does anyone know if I have to live there to be able to do this?
Thank you.

cefey
1st May 2013, 01:13
Phone call to UK CAA or Spanish CAA should help.

You should be able to move it, I don't see why not.
You need to fill out some forms, and you are good to go!

zondaracer
1st May 2013, 01:35
Under JAA, to transfer your license to another country required employment in that country or else 185 days of residency in that calendar year...

I am not sure what EASA says about this.

Dewoitine
1st May 2013, 07:32
Thank you very much Caffey and Zondacaracer. Today and tomorrow are non-working days in Madrid, so until friday I can't call the Civil aviation in my country. The thing is I haven't been living 185 days in UK so if the same rules apply for Easa maybe they don't let me do this. Will try to contact the brittish CAA tomorrow, I presume that it must be closed today too as it is the international "Day of the workers".

BillieBob
1st May 2013, 13:28
There are no minimum residency requirements for the transfer of EASA medical and licensing records.

mad_jock
1st May 2013, 13:52
Don't even bother talking to the Spanish CAA.

SRG1136: Application to Change the Competent Authority for Issue of Pilot?s Licence or Associated Ratings or Certificate to the United Kingdomfrom another EASA Member State | Publications | About the CAA (http://www.caa.co.uk/application.aspx?catid=33&pagetype=65&appid=11&mode=detail&id=451)

You will have to send an email to the medical dept and find out how you get your medical records transferred over

Dewoitine
1st May 2013, 17:35
Many thanks Billiebob and Madjock. It's wonderful if there are no time restrictions. And does anybody know how long the procedure can take? For the medical, if it's very complicated, i presume I could also pass a new medical in the Uk.

mad_jock
1st May 2013, 18:40
Doing a new initial maybe a quick way around it.

Don't have a clue how long it takes last person I knoew that did it was Swedish in 2005. Currently I would suspect its going to take ages with the backlog of EASA licenses getting converted.

Dewoitine
1st May 2013, 20:57
Yes, thats exactly what I am fearing... Thanks again Madjock!