PDA

View Full Version : BA confirmation letters

BreakRight
21st Feb 2001, 19:27
Quick question:

How long after phoneing the nice lady at BA to arrange a date for apptitude tests does the confirmation letter take to come through? I am beginning to suspect next door's dog ate mine.

Cheers in advance.

Perfect PFL
21st Feb 2001, 19:38
First time I went the letter never came, so I had to phone and get them to fax it to me. Try this if it's close to your time to going.

I did wonder at the time whehter it was some sort of test to see what you would do, but they would do that, would they? :)

Token Bird
21st Feb 2001, 20:05
It doesn't have anything to do with when you arranged the aptitudes date, but when the date actually is. The letter should arrive about a week before the arranged date,

TB
:)

BreakRight
21st Feb 2001, 20:17
A Week!!
I will well be flapping by then! - cheers TB.

PerfectPFL: yeah I was starting to think that it might be some kind of initiative test http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

Sprawler
21st Feb 2001, 20:46
BreakRight, how long were you waiting from the time you sent in your application form to the time you got called to attend apptitudes? I sent mine off about 5 weeks ago. Got a letter saying they had received it, but still waiting for the call to apptitudes.

BreakRight
21st Feb 2001, 21:03
Sprawler

I sent in my form around christmas, but I dont know when they got it (slow post holidays etc), I probably got my 'we have recieved' letter around the 8th of Jan and my 'phone us up for test date' letter is dated the 24th Jan, so very roughly a month. I would not worry about the 5 week wait, I was surprised how quickly mine came. BA will get back to you and the fact that it has been 5 weeks just means that you probably were not binned after reading the first page of your form. Dinnae worry. :)

------------------
You came in that thing! You`re braver than I thought.

Pielander
9th Mar 2001, 05:08
Word of warning -

Don't worry about them trying to catch you out - They sent my confirmation letter about 2 weeks before the tests and even then, some of the info was missing. All in all I phoned them 4 times to clear up minor points. They were always very helpful, and it hasn't affected my application!