PDA

View Full Version : Chrome slow to load Pprune

Sunnyjohn
29th Apr 2013, 08:19
I'm using Chrome and it's frequently slow to load Pprune and sometimes hangs. On Safari (sorry - I know a lot of people hate it!), Pprune always loads instantly and never hangs. Is this just a problem with Chrome? I'm getting to like Chrome; one particular characteristic that suits me (I have sight difficulties) is that it remembers my font enlargement after shut down.

AGPwallah
29th Apr 2013, 20:12
Hi Sunnyjohn,

I was in Spain for the six weeks prior to last Wednesday, I don't use anything other than Chrome, and never had a problem when loading Pprune. Hope you get the problem fixed.

AGP

Sunnyjohn
30th Apr 2013, 14:28
Thanks, AGP. I don't know whether it's relevant but we are on cable broadband via ONO. However, other browsers load Pprune OK for me. It's not consistent either - sometimes its fine. Maybe it's when there's extra load on the broadband. I'll do a quick check on that.

Thanks, Mods, for putting the thread back!

SJ

dazdaz1
30th Apr 2013, 14:51
Sunnyjohn... For a fix (eye sight) press Ctrl key and click the mouse wheel forward a few notches. It increases the screen size. Works with XP and W7

Daz

Sunnyjohn
30th Apr 2013, 18:21
Thanks DazDaz1. On my machine I press Command-shift-= and it enlarges in Chrome and Firefox. In Safari there is an enlargement facility on the toolbar.