PDA

View Full Version : This is getting silly

sitigeltfel
29th Apr 2013, 15:56
What happened to the ribald insult, the jocular riposte and the petty leg-pulling?

Woman fined for 'racist' English insult - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/wales/10025741/Woman-fined-for-racist-English-insult.html)

Man fined for racism after Welsh sheep slur - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/10023732/Man-fined-for-racism-after-Welsh-sheep-slur.html)

Anyone who has been in the UK armed forces or has worked away from their native Scotland/England/Wales/Ireland will have been on the end of banter, and shrugged it off.

Looks like the legal parasites have found another way to cash in on an "ism". :rolleyes:

Tankertrashnav
29th Apr 2013, 16:28
Taaffe admitted racially aggravated disorder but told the court he believed this was a term for people who lived in the countryside.

Well if he was called Taff, how come he can be convicted of making racist remarks about the Welsh? ;)

HyFlyer
29th Apr 2013, 17:37
Original
"Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will never hurt me!":p

2013 version
"Sticks and stones will break my bones, but names will generate a healthy cash return for my legal council and me!" :):ok:

Capetonian
29th Apr 2013, 17:50
. and here I was thinking it was OK to refer to Gordon Brown as a 'Scotch git'

A Scots or Scottish git would be correct and appropriate, perhaps too kind. Calling him a Scotch git associates him with whisky or eggs.

Lonewolf_50
29th Apr 2013, 18:07
HyFlyer
... a healthy cash return for my legal council and me!

That's legal counsel.

Are Pikeys posting on the internet now? :E:}

grumbles69
29th Apr 2013, 18:32
Won't be able to fart soon before someone sues you for it! :(

tony draper
29th Apr 2013, 18:43
Orwells Newspeak int it,the ministry of truth just keeps removing words from the language making it crime and thought crime to utter them until it is no longer possible to form a coherent sentence criticizing big brother.
Double plus ungood.
:uhoh:

gingernut
29th Apr 2013, 21:48
It's all getting a bit silly isn't it ? Here in Manchester, I d aren't call my my Adam a "punk" in case I get charged with a hate crime:)

G-CPTN
29th Apr 2013, 22:08
Calling someone a cow is just (possibly) abusive, likewise a stupid cow, but calling someone who is French a French cow is, apparently, racially abusive . . . :ugh:

ExSp33db1rd
29th Apr 2013, 22:37
When a stupid bitch ( I allege also p***ed ) ran into the back of my car at a petrol station - almost taking off my legs in the process, a man said that if I called her a stupid bitch again he'd hit me. I told him that she was a stupid bitch, so he hit me. I stood in front of his car until the Police arrived - I called them - then they took no notice of the assault upon me, or the apparent intoxication of the stupid bitch, but threatened me with use of abusive language to a female !!

Nearly run off the road on my motor bike by a woman car driver, I turned around and tried to get her to stop, so she pulled over to the right and tried to run me into an approaching vehicle. Reported to the Police - no action. Next day, whilst buying petrol, the same car but different woman driving, pulled alongside the pumps. I asked if she owned the car, or knew who was driving it the previous day, and explained why, she denied knowledge, end of story - except that when I got home the Police rang and accused me of harrassing women !

World's Gone Mad.

Hydromet
29th Apr 2013, 22:50
Yesterday, in the main daily rag, a person claiming Australian indigenous heritage claimed that calling Papua New Guineans who helped Australians during WW II 'fuzzy wuzzy angels' was racist and demeaning. If this professional outrageista had any knowledge of the respect in which these people were held, he would have pulled his head in.

Fortunately, there was a spirited rebuttal by a reader in todays edition.

500N
29th Apr 2013, 22:57
Hydromet

That is so funny.

It is so far from demeaning ......ah, don't worry..... they would never understand
so why bother explaining it to them.

Do you have a link to the rebuttal ?

Hydromet
29th Apr 2013, 23:06
About half way down this page - todays Sydney Morning Herald (http://www.smh.com.au/national/letters/hard-to-see-conflict-of-interest--a-waterhouse-always-wins-20130429-2iov2.html)

500N
29th Apr 2013, 23:09
She put that well.

:ok:

galaxy flyer
30th Apr 2013, 01:09
She was English, right? How can that be anything but descriptive of the "cow"? No racial aspect, there.

GF

sisemen
30th Apr 2013, 01:42
. and here I was thinking it was OK to refer to Gordon Brown as a 'Scotch git'

You should, quite rightly, be condemned for that phrase. The correct form of address for the ex Prime Minister is "one-eyed scotch git".

Davaar
30th Apr 2013, 01:46
Hymn of praise to the Fuzzy Wuzzy, the only man to break a square of British infantry.

'E's a injia-rubber idiot on the spree,
'E's the on'y thing that doesn't give a damn
For a Regiment o' British Infantree!
So 'ere' s to you, Fuzzy-Wuzzy, at your 'ome in the Soudan:
You're a pore benighted 'eathen but a first-class fightin' man;
An here's to you Fuzzy-Wuzzy, with your 'ayrick 'ead of 'air
You big black boundin' beggar for you broke a British square!

Rudyard Kipling

Can anyone other than a sh*t-f*r-br**ns see it as anything but the highest praise for courage?

Hydromet
30th Apr 2013, 03:32
Different Fuzzy wuzzies, but similar sentiment, Davaar.

fitliker
30th Apr 2013, 03:42
So, What would happen if a fella used the phrase "Silly Moo"
I used to think that it was a form of endearment and not meant to be insulting at all.

Whats not to love about a silly moo ?

Buster Hyman
30th Apr 2013, 03:44
Time to go back to Shakespearean insults (http://www.insult-o-matic.com/insults/?mode=shakespeare) methinks. They won't know what hit them!

Slasher
30th Apr 2013, 03:51
Whats not to love about a silly moo ?

http://www.wearysloth.com/Gallery/ActorsN/tve12833-19721226-344.jpg

THAT'S not what to love about a silly moo!

Slasher
30th Apr 2013, 03:56
Here's what the Bard says about me at BM's site -

SLASHER

Thy cockered ill-nurtured foot-licker hath a full-gorged coxcomb.

Thy paunchy clapper-clawed puttock hath a motley-minded coxcomb.

Thy lumpish toad-spotted haggard hath a beetle-headed pigeon-egg.

Thou art a roguish swag-bellied mumble-news.

Thou art a gorbellied crook-pated measle.

Thy tottering onion-eyed idiot, and I do believe, induced by current
circumstances, that thou art a villain, cnut*. hath a beetle-headed
malt-worm.

Thou art a unmuzzled rump-fed puttock.

Thou art a wayward rough-hewn bugbear.

Thou art a spleeny boil-brained haggard.

Thy fobbing clapper-clawed mumble-news hath a fly-bitten barnacle.

*my respelling

500N
30th Apr 2013, 04:06
Whatever happened to

Taking the mickey
Taking the piss
Banter
Having a laugh
Thick skin
Water off a ducks back
Comeback lines

Slasher
30th Apr 2013, 04:26
Are you taking the mickey or taking the piss with that banter
500N? I don't mind having a laugh because I do have a thick
skin and its like water off a ducks back.

Now what are your comeback lines? ;)

500N
30th Apr 2013, 04:31
Got to be someone of a good enough standing
to have an effect on me :O:ok:

All the fun has gone out of the world.

And in regards to racism, Aboriginals call us "Whiteys" or "White",
themselves "black" or some other name that isn't so nice depending
on whether they are a full blood or not. And that's all to your face
when I live with them. Imagine what they say behind the scenes :O

Slasher
30th Apr 2013, 09:14
Yonks ago if I got dem to "Alice puck'n Spring" in one piece
in the "B'anza" they'd say I was a real good puck'n pilot for
a whitey cnut blo'! :)

radeng
30th Apr 2013, 12:41
I suspect calling someone a 'slow belly' would not be understood, so you might get away with it where telling them that they were 'full of sh*t' woukd get you in trouble....