PDA

View Full Version : Expiring PPRuNe cookies

PaperTiger
27th Apr 2002, 03:20
Twice today I have been presented with the 'not logged in' page, despite having cookies active. When I look at the latest PPRuNe cookie it's good for a year so where did the previous one go !

Update: Yep, something wrong here. The cookie from two hours ago disappeared, I got the not logged in screen again and before I logged in saw there was a new cookie with a current timestamp.

FL310
27th Apr 2002, 10:02
Paper Tiger, it works ok here at this end...

What browser, fire-wall, cookie-blocker software, ad blocker software are you using?

PaperTiger
27th Apr 2002, 16:07
Working OK this morning, the cookie from last night is still there.
IE4 (hey, it's all I need), nothing else running although I do have active scripting set off. Must be some combination of read/reply/preview/edit/post which deletes the cookie, but only sometimes. Oh, well NBD.

Evo7
27th Apr 2002, 19:35
I've got the same problem with both IE6, XP Pro (@home) and IE5.5, Win2k pro (@work) :confused:

Soddit
28th Apr 2002, 06:54
Evo7 - same setup here and exactly the same problem, ever since the software change.Anyone any ideas?

spekesoftly
28th Apr 2002, 16:31
Think I was having a similar problem, since the new software. Constantly having to log-in, even though I thought I was!

Checked 'user cp', 'edit options' and I had originally replied 'yes' to 'browse board with cookies?', which I thought should keep me logged in for a session.

I've just changed the reply to 'no', and now I stay logged in !! :confused:

Don't quite understand why, but it seems to have solved my problem !! :)

spekesoftly
29th Apr 2002, 09:40
Sorry, bum steer, still got the same problem - will investigate further! :confused:

gizbug
29th May 2002, 00:57
Same Problem

PPRuNe Towers
29th May 2002, 08:59
Thanks for spreading the word Southwest - this one crops up in the admin mailbag quite regularly.