PDA

View Full Version : Bristow UK N.Sea Ab-Initio Pilot Scheme 2013

BusinessMan
27th Apr 2013, 07:23
Just posted this link on the wanabees forum but likely to be of interest to some here too I expect. I couldn't see any news on the Bristow careers website yet but this is good news if confirmed :)

Bristow Helicopters to recruit ten ab initio pilots in 2013 | Pilot Career News (http://www.pilotcareernews.com/bristow-helicopters-to-offer-more-apprenticeships-training-and-jobs/)

BM

photex
27th Apr 2013, 10:29
Fantastic news. Thought I fear I may be outside of the age bracket now.

206Fan
27th Apr 2013, 12:25
Good to see these ab-initio schemes coming to light. Am I correct in saying the Air League will be carrying out the selection process for the extra 10 cadets?

zimbizee
28th Apr 2013, 08:55
What do you think the age limit will be?

Is 40+ too old now:confused:

photex
28th Apr 2013, 09:00
No links at the moment.

I suspect this will happen in stages, and it looks like the engineering positions are first.

One saying does spring to mind here though:

"if it seems too good to be true..."

b.a. Baracus
29th Apr 2013, 07:55
Is this a different scheme from the one that was launched last year?

Bristow Commercial Pilot Sponsorship NOW [Archive] - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-500936.html)

Always good news to hear of investment in ab initio.

I look forward to more details.

Tommy-lad
29th Apr 2013, 20:52
my interview is on the 10th May for a scholarship. I assume you made it to the top 8 candidates for Bristows scholarship and cadetship

b.a. Baracus
30th Apr 2013, 11:24
It's a different scheme. From what I've read and understand, the first cadetships are through the air league, but the other scheme to me seems to be ran by bristow directly.

Does anybody have any information on the differences between the two schemes? The original scheme was based on fixed wing training first, and I presume if Bristow were suitably impressed then one would progress onto the Bristow Academy.

The scheme run directly by Bristow could be perhaps more based on the Bond scheme from 2007, compass tests at FTO, interview with the company and then straight into Rotary training?

I know there were a couple of lucky people in Australia who were sponsored by Bristow a couple of years ago, however, N.Sea Bristow sponsorship must have stopped maybe 2002?

206Fan
1st May 2013, 23:06
Ed,

I don't believe anything has been released yet. That Apprenticeship application you posted is only for one opening, plus the add will be removed on the 3rd of May going by what's written at the bottom of the add. Hopefully we will hear more about this ab-initio soon!

Dunter
4th May 2013, 16:06
Delighted to see this type of scheme resurfacing! Good luck to Ed and Tommy :ok:

I look forward to applying :)

bigglesbutler
23rd May 2013, 10:59
WOO HOO well done, welcome to the world of deafness, bad backs and short term memory loss............ er what was I talking about??????

Nah, in all honesty you will be embarking on an awesome career and if you put the effort in, work hard and make sure you keep a "professional" mindset you will do well.

Were you the young lad walking around the crew room in Aberdeen? If so well done and I told you anyone could get a job if I could. Maybe one day we will fly together.

Si

Senior Pilot
23rd May 2013, 11:33
I received the confirmation email this morning... I've been awarded one of the 4 spaces!

What marvellous news: congratulations :ok:

photex
23rd May 2013, 14:21
Nice one Ed :ok:

Hopefully that means they'll be starting the next round soon.

Dunter
23rd May 2013, 14:39
Congratulations Ed :ok:

jazzyj78
23rd May 2013, 17:07
Congrats Ed...
Knows that you have a big and beautifull opportunity...
I'm CPL IR ME MCC since 1 month(all paid by me) with only 300hours and my dream work for bristow, bond, norsk, CHC, etc. in north sea but i have no answer from HR of each of this firm...

I can only advise you to be yourself during next interview, this is the secret....

Good luck....

:D

206Fan
23rd May 2013, 17:48
jazzyj78,

Out of interest, where did you do your training?

jazzyj78
23rd May 2013, 19:57
In Spain!

Why?

206Fan
17th Jun 2013, 22:23
Anymore news on this scheme?

DirtDiver
19th Jun 2013, 14:56
Nothing on the bristow website.

bartkobe
23rd Sep 2013, 10:59
Has anybody heard when the applications for this scheme will open? Or indeed if Bristow are still planning this for 2013?

It seems to have gone quiet since it was announced in April :)

206Fan
4th Nov 2013, 17:52
Looks like the Air League Scholarships is open again for Bristow!

The Air League » Keeping Britain at the forefront of Aviation (http://www.airleague.co.uk/)

Application Information

The Scholarships programme aims to provide four successful NPPL (A) holders to progress to a US helicopter training academy. It will be flown on a residential basis at selected UK flying schools.
Criteria for successful applications include:

candidate must be a UK national
current member of The Air League (join on-line (https://www.formstack.com/forms/Application%20Information))
able to demonstrate a serious ambition and ability to pursue an aviation-based career
available to complete the Scholarship during summer 2014 followed by a year in the US
GCSE (or equivalent) Grade A in mathematics, English and science
able to satisfy the relevant CAA medical standard to enable issue of the appropriate licence and any relevant CAA pre-course entry requirements
application endorsed by a referee (other than a relative) (http://www.airleague.co.uk/al/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/NPPL_Ref_Form.pdf)
aged at least 18 and no older than 26 on 1 April 2014