PDA

View Full Version : Have the Ozzie kidnapped Velvet?

Bio Warrior
27th Apr 2002, 01:49
I hear tell that Miss Velvet hasnt been since she visited Oz bash.
Is it possible that the beautiful and talented miss Velvet has been abducted and is being held for ransom.... If so you darstardly feinds name your price .... please we miss her!!

AA SLF
27th Apr 2002, 03:03
Ah Bio Warrior - agreed, it is indeed a real mystery. I am becoming concerned that those Ozzies have done a bit of kidnapping of the fair damsel herself. Truly - not fair - for them to keep her to themselves.

Perhaps - one mystery was solved today (26-Apr) with the reappearence of Mr. Tony Draper (thank goodness he is back) -maybe another couple of days will result in the fair lady emerging from that land of heathens and roo-ruckers. That "hope" is all that keeps me going on some days.

with royalties to SHANE -

Come back Velvet, come back - :eek:
edited to fix the bold stuff - fat fingers.

Tartan Gannet
27th Apr 2002, 07:43
Yes, what has happened to the lovely red-head? I think we should be told!

BTW I am NOT to blame as I remember some Jet Blasters trying to frame me up last year when Velvet was absent for a bit, my having been the last person to have seen her in a pub in Reading.

So come on Velvet, at least post to say hullo and reassure us of your welbeing. :)

Skytrucker87
27th Apr 2002, 09:50
Please please return to the fold Velv. We all miss you

OzExpat
27th Apr 2002, 09:53
Reckon I speak for most of us when I say that the chances of Velvet having been kidnapped in Oz are worse than those of Ned Kelly rising from the grave. But, if you insist that we name our ransom price ...

One slab of Fourex for every Ozmate, every day for the next 100 years!

Yes, I think that will do nicely...! :D

BlueDiamond
27th Apr 2002, 15:58
And she won't be released until she finishes the OxBash pireps!

:D :eek: :D

OzExpat
27th Apr 2002, 18:00
Or even the Oz bash pireps... :D

spuddy
27th Apr 2002, 19:44
Anyone else not missed her? I didn't even notice that she hadn't been here! Perhaps she has went 'walkabout' and is wandering, lost in the outback...now that would be terrible! :D

SNOWTAM
27th Apr 2002, 19:50
For who? :cool:

sprocket
28th Apr 2002, 01:25
OzEx: That "Kings Ransom" you talked about is a damned good idea.

Alas I dont have Velvet but will Mrs sprocket do?
:D :D :eek:

Capt Vegemite
28th Apr 2002, 01:34
Bio I understand she has taken up a position as stunt double for your PM.

BlueDiamond
28th Apr 2002, 01:42
Somebody swapped the z and x keys on me again OxEzpat, but I'll get 'em fixed before the next OxBash.

:D ;) :o :rolleyes: :eek: :confused: :( ;)

Feeton Terrafirma
28th Apr 2002, 03:49
Just checked under my desk and shes not there!!! Now trying to remember if I gave her to someone else or did she escape into the Aussie wilderness which is my front yard?

Bloody alzheimer's strikes again!!

OzExpat
28th Apr 2002, 07:24
Guess that I could ask all the young pilots down at the Aero Club bar... :D

cath
28th Apr 2002, 11:21
No ozex...just got back from the aero club bar... she aint there!! :p :D :D

OzExpat
28th Apr 2002, 12:41
Thanks for that cath ... but I wasn't going to hurry! ;)

Feeton Terrafirma
28th Apr 2002, 12:51
Checked the front yard, and then remembered that I left her at GG's place!! doh!!

the wizard of auz
29th Apr 2002, 09:40
Dont blame me, I dunno where she went either.:)

Biggles Flies Undone
29th Apr 2002, 09:42
:rolleyes:

OzExpat
29th Apr 2002, 11:37
Yeh Wiz, I believe ya ... really I do ... honest! :D

the wizard of auz
29th Apr 2002, 13:04
Saki?, did someone say Saki? ....where where?:D :D :D

Hey BFU, :rolleyes: right back at ya mate.

Biggles Flies Undone
29th Apr 2002, 13:10
wiz - I heard 'right back at you' was one of your specialities ;)

BRL
29th Apr 2002, 15:05
So where is she then?. Is she back in the uk?:confused:

Celtic Emerald
29th Apr 2002, 18:14
Yeah even I've noticed. Heard she doesn't even come into chat much anymore & I have to admit that REALLY surprised me :confused:

Maybe the lady finally realised there's alot more to life than living in cyberspace all the time & more's the power if she has.

Emerald

Tartan Gannet
29th Apr 2002, 19:15
Where IS she????

Velvet was very nice indeed to me last year just after I lost my mother. All joking apart, I am concerned that we havent heard from her.

Any sightings welcome.

TG:( :( :(

swashplate
29th Apr 2002, 19:54
Just sent velvet a txt indicating our concern.

Willpost if she replies...

Come Back VELVET!!!!!!!!! :(

the wizard of auz
30th Apr 2002, 01:37
Oh dear, BFU, i do hope people havnt been telling stories:eek: :o

Azure
30th Apr 2002, 01:59
Oh Crap, don't tell me another one of the "best of pprune" is gone! At first I thought you guys/gals were joking, but now I'm beginning to worry too. Has anyone who knows her had contact? Can they at least calm our fears that she's ok and just taking a break from pprune? And if things aren't ok, can you let her know that we, ppruners, care!

PilotsPal
30th Apr 2002, 14:21
Stories wiz? What stories might those be?

RW-1
30th Apr 2002, 16:53
SAR Heli's are standing by to retrieve her .... anytime, anywhere.

Just say the word.

Veeeellllvvveeettt! where are you ?

:)

spuddy
30th Apr 2002, 17:13
I can't believe some of you crawlers!

Just because someone doesn't post for a while it seems you get withdrawl symptoms. Get a grip! :mad:

I'm pretty sure she is milking it...watching you guys fall over yourselves, begging her to come back.

If she returns, fine....if she doesn't then I wont be too bothered.....theres far more interesting people in JB! :D

The Troll
30th Apr 2002, 18:52
Oooh Spuddy hon,

you can have me instead :cool:

falps
30th Apr 2002, 19:08
spuddy so people are not allowed to worry about the absence of a friend? :confused:
Wishing for the return of someone whose contributions they enjoy makes them into crawlers? :confused:

Now then all of you, do as spuddy says and get a grip.
Stop talking about the return of a frequent and often valued poster. A person who is not perfect, but who is always first in line to give time and a listening ear to people in trouble.
Who is the first to stand up for a fellow ppruner who gets maligned on the forums.
Who will defend people's right to an opinion even when it is not hers nor a very popular opinion.
Who is always gracious and welcoming to newbies both on the forums and in chat.
Who is well read, has an awesome grasp of grammar and a robust sense of humour.
She's no saint as she herself would be the first one to point out. In fact there are times when she is, like most of us, a royal pain in the b*tt.

But I miss her!

oh and Spuddy, if you are really that un-bothered, what the **** are you doing on this thread?

BRL
30th Apr 2002, 20:02
Edited for being on nights syndrome..... sorry.:(

Plush Fabric
30th Apr 2002, 21:09
*HUGS* You are all so kind.

Slasher
30th Apr 2002, 21:30
Yeh Wiz what storys might they be mate? I missed the Bash so whats all the mud on everybody?

Hey Troll well arent YOU the bloodey common street tramp! I bet its not just spuddy your after! :p

The Troll
30th Apr 2002, 21:34
oooh Slasher! <wriggles on his lap>

You say the sweetest things!

PilotsPal
30th Apr 2002, 22:41
Hey Troll.

Hands off my Slash.

Slasher
30th Apr 2002, 23:37
Yeh Troll hands off PP's Slash, ya burnt-out old trollop! :p

BlueDiamond
30th Apr 2002, 23:55
Look, it's probably really simple. Velvet likes Oz so much, she's probably decided to stay awhile. Maybe she's just gone walkabout and is even now enjoying the sunrise over the Gulf of Carpentaria or perhaps climbing Uluru ... or helicoptering through the Catherine Gorges ............ or scuba diving off the Great Barrier Reef ..................... or taking one of the famous Western Australian wine cruises .................................. or ..... er, kidnapped by aliens .......................... or, well, she could be anywhere really.

Last seen sitting in a warm patch of sunlight at Disco Stu and GoGirls's place with a glass of wine in one hand and a good book in the other. o.k. Sherlock, over to you!

:D

Plush Fabric
1st May 2002, 06:02
PP: isn't there enough of that lovely Slasher and OzEx to go round?

*BLUSH* I didn't know I was so popular.

PilotsPal
1st May 2002, 09:23
No. Never did like sharing my toys.

G.Khan
1st May 2002, 11:24
So lets sort out who is really who then:

PLUSH FABRIC IS? YOU GOT IT, VELVET!!!

The Troll is? YES! it's Moritz Suter back again!!! :mad:

spuddy
1st May 2002, 11:26
Falps, I'm not saying that you shouldn’t be worried about a friend...my apologies if you took it to mean that. :D

As for BRL..... I think you should wind your neck in.

she is so well respected by everyone here who knows her on this site
I think you will find that not 'everyone' agrees with you. In fact, I would say that a number of ‘well respected’ PPRuNers disagree with your point of view

i wouldn't p1ss on you if you were on fire

I don't think you would have the chance to p1ss on me as yours is the type of company I don't keep and if I was in your company, then I believe that I would rather burn. :o

You also say that I have annoyed another female PPRuNer... I think you will find that she gave as good as you got and it was nothing more than a bit of banter. What is it they say? 'people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones'? I think you have a cheek to tell me that I have insulted a female PPRuNer after some of your drunken perfomances in chat! (BTW..it isn't very sensible, wearing a bra on your head regardless of how drunk you are)

Your last comment seems like a threat to me....I am curious... If I don't keep my nose out what are you going to do? :eek:

Kindest regards,
spuddy :D

Dr. Hibbert
1st May 2002, 11:27
Hmmm.... I'm not convinced - how do we know that PF is who she/he wants us to think she/he is?

BRL
1st May 2002, 12:30
Spuddy. Going to set myself on fire and wee all over myself.... :D.............

BRL
1st May 2002, 12:45
Spuddy, check your e-mail.........

OzExpat
1st May 2002, 14:01
Maybe I should check the Aero Club again ... I see there's a few new young pilots just arrived in town who might know something. :D

The Troll
1st May 2002, 19:26
Oh G.Khan, you do disappoint me. I am not a reincarnation of Moritz Suter. I do find it rather amusing that people can jump such conclusions based on, well, no evidence at all really.

Oh PP, you should know me by now, I'll take anyone married, attached or not. Everyone is fair game for me.

G.Khan
2nd May 2002, 00:59
Well I still think The Troll and HughMungus are one and the same and that is Moritz Suter :cool:

the wizard of auz
2nd May 2002, 03:53
Well slash me ol mate, I would love to tell ya about all the mud...........but it seems I enjoyed a bit of a mud bath as well, so I aint telling coz someone will have some juicey goss that will be far more interesting than anything I'm willing to admit to.
whats done in the field stays in the field I'm afraid........:D

Slasher
2nd May 2002, 04:14
Wiz whats done in the field stays in the field? Didnt they say something like that in the Green Mile movie just before they got done-over in the chair? :D

briteandbreezy
2nd May 2002, 09:19
Awwwww Wiz,... the poor sheep!!!!! :eek:

Stay outta that field!!!!! :p

Biggles Flies Undone
2nd May 2002, 09:23
Did the sheep go BaaaaaaaaRF! ? :D

MisNomer
2nd May 2002, 10:05
Or maybe the cow went Ooooooooooooooo :D

What_does_this_button_do?
2nd May 2002, 10:29
Maybe the old bag went snap shut.

PilotsPal
2nd May 2002, 10:32
I'm lost.

Mud, fields, farm animals - did wiz do something ill-advised?

spuddy
2nd May 2002, 10:34
Instead of worrying about Velvet why not consider that maybe she is away having the time of her life ? Doing exciting new things, fooling around with new and old friends, and having a ball or two with them.

Whilst I admit she's not on my best friends list (we mix in different circles and have different tastes in people) it is not unreasonable to assume that she has got on swimmingly with her hosts and been asked to stay a bit longer so they can enjoy her company for a bit longer.

People always assume the worst on here and jump to conclusions .... then the person turns up sooner or later wondering what all the fuss is about. :rolleyes:

OzExpat
2nd May 2002, 11:46
... (sound of short, soft polite knock on the door)

Excuse me.

I'm not one to barge in on anyone's private discussions ... am I permitted to make an observation?

No?

Well here it bloodey well is anyf*ckingway!

None of them new young pilots at the Dero are admitting anything except for the two with the biggest watches... :D

As for you Spuddy... are ya sh*ttin me? :eek: :D

One of these days I'll be off that "must f*ck" list... obviously Wiz had a similar plan, but it back-fired! :p

spuddy
2nd May 2002, 11:56
OzEx

Would I diss my long lost brother ????? ;)

You're not hiding Velvet all for yourself are ya ??? :p

The Troll
2nd May 2002, 22:23
I do hope you are not a pilot Mr. Khan.

You have made many assumtions and based your conclusion on what excatly? I would be very interested how you decided that I am a Swiss based neo nazi.

the wizard of auz
3rd May 2002, 08:19
Gosh BFU, you are a most knowlegeble chappy........praytell, where did you come across this knowledge?
I do beleive you have most efficient spys working for you.:D ;)

Biggles Flies Undone
3rd May 2002, 08:28
:rolleyes: :D