PDA

View Full Version : European Flight Training in Florida

cbkr2000
27th Apr 2002, 00:16
Having just completed my ATPL grund schools successfully, I have started the drudge of finding a suitable FTO for the CPL/IR and beyond. In my merry travels I came across the above mentioned organisation, and wonder if anyone has had any experience which they could share wiht me. Am I right in see that they offered a JAR CPL ( it was what they said in the ad. ) and if so, how good is it complared to good old home turf.

Any and all comments very welcome!

STORMER
27th Apr 2002, 02:57
I went there last august to complete a CPL and MEP. I had a quality time over there with excellent instructors and weather. I completed it all in 4 weeks and with several people i know back home taking several months due to WX then I am positive that it saved me money. I dont wish to compare it to any schools over here as only heard reports and never been myself. They have an excellent relationship with the examiner who was good bloke who put me at ease. So basically when i went i had no problems and got my ratings in the minnimum of times. What more can you ask for. Feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions etc.

All the best with your decission.

cbkr2000
27th Apr 2002, 12:03
Thanks Stormer.

I appreciate all info that everyone gives. Gives you a bit more confidence in making that decision if you know that some people say good things.

I'll email you sometime later with some more questions if thats OK. I'm just trying to get those last few evasive hours at the moment.

Thanks again

Just to confirm, it is a full JAA CPL and IR, not an FAA thingy right?
Cos I heard that nobody did JAA at CPL level out there now!

DesiPilot
27th Apr 2002, 14:34
Dear cbkr2000,

They are fully JAA CPL approved. The school is approved with UK CAA. Under the new regulations all the training must be done with a school or FTO approved with same State.
So you can do your JAA CPL, FI(R) with EFT as long as you have passed all the written exams with UK CAA and your class I medical is also issued by a UK AME!
I went to EFT to do my JAA CPL and FI course. The quality of training was very good. All of the instructors are from EU and Ben(CFI) & Trevor (Head of Training) maintain good standards in the school. If I had to start all over again I wont hesitate in going back there.
If you have any specific questions email me.

Regards,
Jatin

PS: The examiner they use comes from Michigan State University.