PDA

View Full Version : Emirates NBD Prioriy Banking

lospilotos
25th Apr 2013, 11:16
I see that Emirates NBD now has a salary limit of 40000 AED/month to qualify for priority banking. Anyone using another bank they can recommend?

Piltdown Man
25th Apr 2013, 11:26
Is that an upper or lower limit?

irish777
26th Apr 2013, 02:42
Not sure why a bank would have an upper limit pitdown!?

I too was pretty peeved to discover we no longer get priority banking at Emirates NBD. The first I knew this was when I went to the priority section and was turned away - apparently they sent out letters, but none reached me.

There isn't a huge difference only things like cheque books are chargeable and we have to wait in that hateful queue in the EGHQ branch rather than visiting the priority section.

EPC have recently sent out an email about a partnership they have with Standard Chartered, but the problem for me is ENBD has the most ATMs and branches near me and at work. You might get a shiny new bank with priority banking but thats not much use if you get charged every time you withdraw cash and have to drive miles away to deposit a cheque or visit a branch.

Any good alternatives out there? I tried with the Priority staff in EGHQ to suggest EK staff should be exempt from the new changes - may as well have talked to myself!

lospilotos
26th Apr 2013, 07:35
Well I for one will consider changing to SC if the are our EPC partner. Why give ENBD my business when they are clearly not interested in the EK pilot community.

I use the ATM about 4-5 times a month so I think I can manage that extra cost...

irish777
26th Apr 2013, 07:40
Fair point. However it seems necessary to visit a branch for even the slightest thing here so that was a factor for me. I also use ENBD credit cards and apparently that's another pain in the ass if your card is with a different bank to your account.
SC don't seem to offer any decent enough cards, I have the ENBD platinum which gives me 2% cashback on everything and managed to blag it for free..

Demented
26th Apr 2013, 10:11
I moved to ADCB 18 months ago from EmiratesNBD, have had very good service and it is free banking. Get 5 free ATM withdrawals from "other" banks.