PDA

View Full Version : Multiple copy/cut and paste?

Loose rivets
25th Apr 2013, 06:20
I don't want to use an Office-specific program, but I do want to be able to cut or copy several items. Is there a program that will do this?

mixture
25th Apr 2013, 06:30
clipboard manager is the search term you want on your favorite search engine.

Milo Minderbinder
25th Apr 2013, 22:08
back in the days of Win9x, one of Microsofts Powertoys did exactly that. Dunno if its still available - does Win7 have any Powertoys?

Loose rivets
26th Apr 2013, 06:01
Tried Clipboard Magic, and it works, but really, it doesn't seem to do much more than pasting to notepad or somesuch. Nothing on right click, and what's more, it inhibits my ordinary cut and paste.

At first, the text appeared in the CM box, but then it had to be put there. Plus the program needs to be restored to function. Altogether a cumbersome antique - or am I again missing the point? No, shouting at it doesn't work.:p

I haven't got a copy of XT to use the old one. It seems it will run in W7, but one site said something about compatibility mode. Don't want that if possible.

probes
28th Apr 2013, 06:45
dunno if that's it, but when I need to cut and copy, I just click on the word twice, then drag it to the suitable place in the text. Saves lots of time in the long run (=long texts, which might be your case? ;)).